Chapter 82

NICKI POV

Before we even got into the building a group of girls had stopped us before the interview. I had Allison in my arms, I'd brought her along.. just because.

"Oh my Godddd!!" one of the girls squealed as we got out of the car.

"Is that Allison?" Another pointed out.

Aubrey had decided to stay home tonight, which was fine, Lydia and I had an Uber black drive us there.

"What are you guys doing out here?" I asked the group of girls, "The interview doesn't start for another hour and a half."

"We were hoping we'd get to see you guys." One spoke up.

My heart melted, they were so adorable.

Before I knew it, Lydia and I were walking on stage to begin our interview. Allison was now in Lydia's arms and completely unbothered by the audiences cheering.

"You two always look amazing!" The blonde woman greeted us as we sat on the sofa beside hers.

"Thank you." Lydia and I smiled simultaneously.

"So this is just something we do on this show, but we call it the 30-second preview" she introduced, "I have a set of questions, for both of you, but only one of you has to play."

"Nic, you should." Lydia said right away.

"You're gonna do it?" the woman raised her eyebrows at me.

I nodded and playfully shoved Lydia.

"Alright I'm gonna start the timer.."

The first questions were simple, favorite color, etc...

"Least favorite fabric?"

"Velour "

My words moved faster than my brain.

"coffee or tea?"

"coffee"

"Top or bottom?"

"bottom"

"Lydia or Aubrey?"

"Lydia"

"Times up!" She announced.

My brain caught up as the audience cheered, I looked at Lydia.

"Il va te tuer." she warned. he's gonna kill you

"je sais."

The interview continued, I stayed up to speed now, hoping to cover up my mistake. Overall, I kept my cool.

"Now, there's news circulating about a custody battle concerning the two of you."

"I dont wanna speak about that...." I dragged out my words.

"Oh?"

"We're kinda hoping it'll get dropped." Lydia explained, "But we'll see how tomorrow goes."

Before I knew it, the interview had ended, and Lydia and I had pulled up in front of the house. We walked inside and I took Allison from Lydia's arms. I saw Aubrey's mom sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey." I faked a smile, though I'd been fighting back tears the whole ride home.

"If I'd known you two would be back so soon, I would have started dinner." she said standing up.