𝗦𝗵𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗱 𝗠𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗱 (𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗡𝗼 '𝗜' 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺)

Bella smiled as she saw Grace sitting in the kitchen. She was reading one of Ellis' journal. "Hey. How come you're not asleep?" Bella asked.

"I'm getting reacquainted with my mother. Her journals. Derek is asleep though," Grace told her. She smiled. "You?"

Bella shook her head. "No reason. Just thinking. Derek hasn't really talked to me properly since I told him Mark and I were engaged. So I don't know what's going on there," she told her.

Grace smiled. "Give him some time. He's probably coming to terms with his little sister getting married," she said as she smiled. "Don't worry about it. It's going to be completely fine. I promise."

Bella shrugged and took a sip of coffee. She looked to her. "You doing good?"

"Yeah. I'm just not feeling the best. But I'm gonna be okay," Grace told her. She had been feeling weird lately. She just didn't know what it was down to.

Bella nodded. She knew she was worried about her best friend. But she knew Grace. And she knew she would open up to her. Or so she hoped.

****

Derek walked into the kitchen. He looked to Grace. "You know, one of the joys of cohabitation is having breakfast together," he said. He saw Bella walking in. He said nothing.

Grace shook her head. "Well I can't today. Cause Bailey paged us in early," she told him.

"Well I guess you don't have time to look at our work in a major medical journal," Derek said as he handed Grace the journal.

Her eyes widened. "They published our trial?"

Derek nodded. He smiled. "It's on the cover. 'A New Method In Treating Inoperable Malignant Gilomas. The Shepherd Method. What do you think?" He asked.

Grace shrugged. "It's a picture. A big picture of you."

"You're making a face," Derek said, looking at his girlfriend. He turned to Bella. "She's making a face," he said as Bella shrugged.

"I'm not making a face. I love that picture. I have to go," Grace said as she took Bella's hand and dragged her off.

****

Bella found Mark and smiled. "Hello handsome," she said as she kissed his lips. She saw how Lexie was looking over. "I missed you."

"Missed you too. You okay?"

Bella nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Want to slip off to an on call room? I'm horny," she said as she kissed him again.

Mark smirked and took her hand. He lead her to an on call room. "I've been thinking about you," she said as she pushed him onto the bed.

****

After they had finished having sex, they were lying in bed together. Mark was reading the medical journal. The door opened and Callie walked in.

She sat on the bed "God, I've been looking everywhere for you. I interrupted your sex didn't I?"

Mark shrugged. "You're lucky. We just finished. Plus I had an early morning palatoplasty. You see this? "The Shepherd method?" He asked as Bella slipped her shirt on.