𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 (𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿)

Bella and Mark had been staying in the hotel since Derek had called her pathetic. She knew it had gotten to her as Derek was the one person she thought she could rely on to never hurt her.

But she knew how Grace needed her so she was staying at the house with Mark. She wanted to be there for Grace. She wasn't going to let her own brother and his vile words get to her.

Bella woke in Mark's arms. She looked to him. "I wanna make you breakfast," she said as she kissed his lips.

"I didn't know you could cook?" Mark teased as he kissed her neck a couple of times.

Bella pouted. "It's literally pancakes. How hard could it be?" She asked as she sat up.

Mark knew how they hadn't talked about the panic attack that Bella had after she came back from the woods. He knew they needed to as it had clearly affected her and her mental health.

Mark knew how it was down to Derek and what he had said. He didn't want Bella to feel as though Derek hated her. He knew that Derek had been lashing out. And Bella had caught the bad end of his lashing out.

Bella looked to him. "Come on. I want to cook for you. You're my rock. And I think I'm entitled to cook for you," she told him.

****

Bella and Mark were in the kitchen. Bella had been making breakfast. "I hope you know I can't cook for the life of me. I burn water," she said.

"We could just go for breakfast," Mark told her as he saw her flour covered face. "It would be cleaner."

Bella shook her head. "No. I've got this. I'm Gordon Ramsey in the making," she told him as she turned to look at him. She smiled as she handed him the French toast she had made. "See!"

Mark took the plate and watched as she sat down. He smirked. "You did brilliant doll."

Bella took a bite of her toast and frowned. "This is disgusting. I'm never going to be Gordon Ramsey," she mumbled as she threw it on the plate and helped herself to Nutella on toast.

Grace and Derek walked into the room. Derek's eyes hardened at seeing Mark in the kitchen. Mark looked to him and picked up his newspaper.

Bella took a big bite out of the toast and sighed. She knew it was going to be hard. And she just wanted to eat. It was going to be a long day.

Grace looked to Bella. "Are you okay?" She asked as she looked to her.

Bella nodded. "I'm fine," she said. She didn't miss the way Derek was looking at her.

****

Grace was getting ready to have her first surgery. And she was worried. She knew how everyone knew about the tumour.

Grace had taken over planning Bella and Mark's wedding. She knew how she wanted to make it special for her best friend. Knowing how Bella had been there for her since day one.

Webber and Swender were waiting for Grace to finish her call.

Grace// What do you mean, you don't deliver dresses? Just to try on? No, no, no. I-I can't come in. I-I have cancer. I'm ... I'm bed-bound and dying. fabulous. I will fax you my choices.

Grace looked up to the two other doctors in the room. "Hi. Uh, what do you need ... blood, pee? What can I get you?" She asked.