𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝗶𝗺 (𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴)

Bella was pacing her bedroom. She looked up as Grace walked in. "Hey. What's wrong?" She asked as she sat down.

Bella sighed. "I think I need to tell Mark about the baby. It's not fair that he doesn't know. And things are going great with us. But I don't know if he'll hate me," she said.

Grace smiled. "This is Sloan. He wouldn't ever hate you Bella," she told her.

Bella looked to her. She sighed. "I don't know. He's never had a proper family. He spent most of his life at my mom's. I got close to him when I was sixteen. But nothing ever happened until I was past eighteen."

Grace smiled. She looked to her. "You don't have to explain to me Bella. I just want you to be happy," she told her.

Bella fell back on her bed. "I'm going to tell him today. I want it to work. So there can't be any secrets between us," she said as she looked to the ceiling.

"When did you get mature?"

"Since I realised that keeping this from Mark isn't the best thing for our newly reformed relationship," Bella said as she sat up. "Are you and Derek still having goodbye sex without actually breaking up?"

Grace rolled her eyes. "I like an orgasm. Is that a crime?"

"Hey. I'm not judging. Just curious," Bella said with a smile. Knowing how she wanted her best friend to be happy.

****

Bella stood at the nurses station with Alex and his interns. Alex turned to them. "Pierce, you're in the pit. James, need you in Peds. Laura, you're on scut," he told them.

"I was on scut yesterday," Laura said as she looked to her resident.

Alex turned to look at her. "Oh. And just for that, you're on scut tomorrow. Get lost," he said.

Bella grinned. "Wow. Little harsh. Are you trying to be the new Bailey?" She asked.

"Shut up."

"Make me... evil spawn."

Alex laughed. Bella and Grace were the two people he was closest with. And he loved their friendship.

The chief walked over to them. "Dr Shepherd, Dr Karev. This is Dr Norman Shales," he told them.

Bella and Alex shook his hand. Norman smiled as he looked to Alex. "Oh, a strong handshake. That's a good sign," he said. He turned to Bella. "You have a feminine handshake."

Bella blinked as she looked to him. "That's probably because I'm a girl?"

Richard looked between the two residents. "Norman is transferring in from UCLA. I want him to work with you," he told Bella

"Oh, are you the new OBGYN guy?" Alex asked as he handed the nurse a file.

"I don't have a specialty yet."

Richard shook his head and smiled. "Norman is an intern. You'll be his resident Alex."

Alex's eyes widened as he looked to the chief. "He's my intern?" He asked as he saw the smirk Bella was giving him.

Norman smiled. "Don't worry, son. This tugboat's ready to pull his own weight," he said.

Bella grinned and winked. "Oh don't worry Alex. Age is just a number right Norman?" She said with her grin still plastered on her face.