"𝗜 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗿" (𝗧𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗢𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻)

Bella groaned as she looked to Mark who was lying in bed. She shook him awake. "What?" He asked sleepily. He opened his eyes to look at her.

"I can't sleep."

"Close your eyes then."

Bella rolled her eyes. She lay back down and cuddled into him. "I didn't get cut. I'm happy," she mumbled.

Mark kissed the top of her head and smiled. "I know baby. I knew you'd be safe," he told her as he held her close. "Let's sleep."

"Yeah. Good talk."

****

Mark and Derek were stood in a meeting with the attendings'. Mark looked to him. "Your sister is on one. I don't know why. But she is."

"Leave her to it. Bella has these moments where nothing makes sense that leaves her mouth," Derek said.

"Thank you. I know it hasn't exactly been easy around here the past few weeks. And I know you want answers. But I'm afraid I don't have them, not just yet," Webber told them.

Derek turned to Mark. "He brought us down here to make himself feel good."

Mark shrugged. He picked up a danish. "Well, at least he sprung for good danish," he said.

Derek shook his head. "You know how many nurses got fired for that danish?" He told him.

Webber looked up. "The Mercy West staff will be arriving in three days. And when they do, There will be more cutbacks and more layoffs. And I need each and every one of you To step up and be leaders. And when I can answer your questions, I will," he said as everyone started talking at once.
"If you would like to make an appointment To talk about your concerns...l"

"You were right. Excellent danish," Derek said as he looked to Mark who nodded.

****

Grace was in the ER. She looked to see Bella who was trying to get a case. She turned to see Lexie as she walked in. "Grace. Hey, his neighbor said that he wasn't getting his mail," she told her.

Meredith walked over and stood by Grace. Knowing Grace didn't like being around their father when he was drunk.

Thatcher looked to Madi and Meredith. "Mer-Meredith, oh, I heard you got ... You got married on a sticker. That's great," he said.

Cristina looked to Izzie. "You know, we should go So you can have family time," she said.

Lexie shook her head. "No, no, no. I don't know what's wrong with him."

Grace rolled her eyes. She sighed. "Did you pick him up off the floor of a bar, Lexie? That might be a clue."

"Gracie, no, I'm not ... I haven't been drinking. I swear," Thatcher said as he threw up over Meredith's shoes.

Bella looked over. "Now that could be surgical."

****

Grace and Meredith were stood outside. Bella, Cristina, Izzie and Alex were all with Bailey who were taking care of Thatcher.

Lexie turned to her sisters. "He made amends. He's not drunk," she said.