"𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆" (𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀)

Previously
As Derek turned around, Gary raised his gun again. Grace screamed as Gary shot Derek in the chest.

Bella stood there in shock as she tried to hold Grace back as she saw her brother getting shot and falling to the ground.
Now;

Bella felt sick at seeing her brother on the ground. Blood pouring from his chest. She was holding Grace back from running over and getting herself shot in the process.

She felt like the breath had been taken from her. She knew if she lost Derek, she would lose the one male who had never let her down. And she was scared.

Bella needed Mark. But she didn't even know if he was alive or not. And she just needed to hear his voice. To know he was okay. The thought scared her.

****

April looked to Gary Clark. She was shaking. "My name ... My name is April kepner. I'm 28 years old. I ... I was born on April 23 in o-in Ohio. I'm from Columbus, Ohio. Um... My mom-my mom is a teacher, and m-my dad is a farmer- corn- C- corn- he-he-he grows corn. Their-their names are Karen and Joe. I have three sisters. Libby's the oldest. I'm-I'm next, and then there's k-kimmie, then Alice. I- I-I-I haven't don't anything yet. I haven't ... I've barely lived. I- I'm not finished yet. No one's loved me yet. Please. Please. I'm someone's child. I'm a person. I'm a person," she sobbed.

Gary started shaking. "Run," he said as he lowered his gun.

Derek was panting and Gary pointed his gun at him again. "Oh, Mr. Clark ... Mr. Clark ..."

****

Grace looked to Bella who had locked them in a supply closet. "Derek could still be alive," she sobbed.

Bella shook her head. "We could get shot! You're pregnant for gods sake," she told her.

"I'm going, Bella. I am going..."

"No, no, no, no, you are not. Derek would kill me if I let you get shot! You're not," Bella told her. Knowing she wasn't going to let her best friend end up dead.

"Please."

"You'll get killed, and I'm not gonna let that happen. You want to go, you gotta go through me," Bella told her.

Grace then threw Bella into a shelf. She left the closet and ran out to Derek.

****

Grace was sitting by Derek's side. "Hold on, okay? Hold on. I love you. Please don't die," she sobbed.

"Get outta here, Gracie. Before he shoots you, too," Derek said as he looked to her.

"Do not die! Do you understand? I can't live without you. Please don't leave me," she sobbed.

Bella walked over to them. She was cautious. "I called the police," she said as she looked around.

Grace held Derek's head in her lap. "You die, I die. Okay, good. They're coming. The police are coming," she sobbed.

"Grace, they're-they're not- they're not gonna get here. They're not coming for us, not-not in time. Oh, God, Grace," Bella sobbed. It was destroying her seeing her brother fighting for his life.