𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 (𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴)

Bella walked into the hospital. Madelyn was awake in her car seat. She looked up. Grace was there. "What happened?" Bella asked as she looked to her.

"Callie and Arizona were in a car accident. She went through the windshield. Mark is in surgery," Grace told her.

Bella nodded. "Okay. I'll take Madelyn back to daycare and then go and tell him," she said. Knowing she needed to be with Mark.

Grace smiled as she looked to her niece. "Hi cutie bug. Auntie Gracie will be having cuddles with you when today is over," she said as she stroked the tiny little girls blonde hair.

****

Bella walked into the OR where Mark was. She looked to him. "Dr Sloan. Are you almost done here?" She asked.

Mark nodded. "I'm good in two seconds. What's up? Is Maddy okay?" He asked. Shocked at seeing Bella was back here.

"I'll... I'll wait," Bella mumbled. She knew this was going to be hard.

Mark smiled under his mask. "I rocked this mandibular repair. You'd never know this guys jaw was broke in five places. I'm somewhat of an artist. Not Picasso, because then his jaw would be on his forehead. I'm like, uh, Chagall, Michelangelo. I'm Michelangelo. There. Done. Hopefully I can take my girls to dinner. What do you got?" He asked.

****

Mark ran out to the ambulance bay. He looked around and saw Bella who was behind him. "What the hell happened?" He asked.

Owen looked over to him. "Car versus truck. That's all we know," he told him.

"And her injuries? What ... the baby?"

"We don't know yet."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Well, why the ... why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown!"
He yelled.

Bella walked over to him. "Babe. You can't be on this. I know what she means to you," she said.

The ambulance was heard approaching. Webber looked to Mark. "Mark, you need to sit this one out."

Mark shook his head. "I'm not sitting this one out. That's Callie!" He told them.

"I know. I know you want to work on her. But you have to stand back and let the people who aren't that close to her deal with this," Bella told him.

Webber nodded. "Bella is right. I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one," he said.

"Screw you."

"Sloan."

Mark shook his head. "Screw all of you," he said as he held a look with Bella.

Webber sighed. "Look at me, Sloan. Look at me. Look, maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Callie Torres is your best friend, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do ... save their lives. Okay? Mark."

Mark nodded. He sighed. "I'm in the room, you hear me? Okay. I'm in the room."

"Okay. Hunt, you're in charge," Webber told Owen as they heard the ambulance getting closer.

"All right, everyone. Multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go!"

The Paramedic looked to the doctors. "Tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries."

Owen looked down at Callie. "Callie? Callie. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is gonna be okay," he told her.

"She's hemorrhaging. Wait. Hold on. Is that blood coming from her chest?"