𝗔𝘄𝗸𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 (𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗪𝗲 𝗗𝗼 𝗜𝘁)

Bella and Mark hadn't slept. Madelyn wasn't sleeping very well. Which meant they were both snappy and agitated with each other.

Mark left the bathroom to see Bella lying on the sofa with Madelyn in her arms. The baby was all but asleep. Bella looked up. "Don't wake her. Please," she mumbled.

"I'm not gonna. Do you think we should move her to the crib?" Mark asked.

Bella sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. She's settling. And I don't think I can handle another sleepless night. I'll stay here with her if I have to," she whispered.

Mark looked to her. He knew having a baby would make things hard. But he didn't want to fall out with Bella. He smiled. "Give her to me doll. Go get a shower then get some sleep."

"Are you sure?"

Mark nodded. He took Madelyn from her and smiled. "Go on. I'll try and settle her in the bedroom."

"Thank you," Bella mumbled. She had tried to do everything she could for Madelyn. Knowing she still blamed herself for how she had been born.

Mark walked into the bedroom with Madelyn. She was half asleep but had her eyes slightly open. Mark smiled to her. "Listen angel, mommy and daddy love you. And we're going nowhere. So you need to sleep for us both. And then mommy can be the best doctor she can be. And you get to grow up knowing you're so loved by everyone."

****

Bella and Mark went into work. Madelyn had finally fallen asleep. "Who's going to take her to daycare?" Mark asked as he held Madelyn close.

Bella smiled. "You can if you want to. I know you love saying goodbye to her," she said as she kissed him and walked off.

Mark sighed and smiled. "That's your mama Maddy. And she's the best thing that's happened to both of us," he whispered to the sleeping baby.

Derek walked over. "I hope you're not corrupting my niece," he said as he smiled.

Mark rolled his eyes and smirked. "You're not funny. Wait until Grace has popped your one out. See how that changes you," he said.

"I'm kidding. Are you going to Callie's baby shower?" Derek asked as he stroked the top of Madelyn's head.

Mark nodded. "Yeah. I'll be there. Bella's going too. Then she's taking Maddy home," he told him.

****

Bella smiled as she saw Grace who looked to her. "You looked drained," Grace commented.

Bella nodded. "I am. I feel so sleepy at the moment. Maddy isn't sleeping well. So Mark and I aren't sleeping. I'm saying I'll stay up with her. But he's saying he will. Which is just causing tension with us. I know she's worth it though," she said.

Grace smiled. "I'm bricking it. Becoming a mom. I mean, Ellis Grey was my mother. I have no sense of Normal mothering. So basically this baby is screwed."

Bella rolled her eyes and smiled. "No it's not. You're going to be the best mom possible. I've seen how you are with Maddy. And I know for a fact that you're going to be an amazing mom," she told her.

"Thanks Bella."

****

Mark was in Callie's appointment. He had agreed to go with Callie and Arizona as he was Callie's best friend. And she wanted him there.

Lucy smiled as she finished her examination of Callie. "Everything looks fine. Right on track for 23 and a half weeks."

Mark smiled. "How's his size?"