𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸 (𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺)

Bella knew how excited Mark had been that they were having a baby. He had been overprotective of her knowing he didn't want to risk anything happening to her or the baby.

They hadn't told anyone she was pregnant yet. Grace knew which Mark knew was expected. Bella and Grace told each other everything.

Mark was thrilled knowing he and Bella were having a baby. And he took delight in talking to her stomach every night. He wanted to be there every step of the way for the baby.

It wasn't easy. But Bella was scared of being a mom. She just knew she was going to do all she could to be a good mom. Knowing having a baby had been something she and Mark had talked about for a while.

Bella walked into the kitchen and grinned. She saw Mark who was trying to make waffles. "You don't need to do that," she said.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Sit down. Be quiet. And let me make my kid pancakes," he told her as he looked to her.

Bella nodded. She sat down and waited for Mark. He handed her a plate. "They're not the best. But you need to eat. The baby needs strength."

Bella smiled. "You're so sweet."

"I know."

****

Bella was sitting in the locker room at the hospital with Grace. Grace was thrilled that Bella was having a baby. It was something she knew her best friend had wanted

Cristina turned to look at her friends. "Owen washed my hair. And he told me to eat this grainy nut bar. And he booked me into surgery this morning. He is in charge of me. I'm a bride, and I'm going with it," she said.

Meredith shrugged. "But trauma guy didn't clear you."

"Yeah, but he said he'll figure that out."

Bella turned around. She looked at the staring people. "Yes. Okay, I am the crazy one. I am the one who freaks out and screams at people ... Like that," she mumbled. She was sick of the looks she was getting.

Grace turned to them. "Go gawk at each other for a while," she told them as the other pagers went off.

Meredith looked to Bella. "Are you okay?" She questioned.

Bella rolled her eyes. "Would everybody please just stop asking if I am okay? Okay?" She said as she grabbed her lab coat and walked off.

Grace stood and walked out after her. She smiled. "Bella. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Bella sighed and nodded. "Yeah. It's all fine."

"Is it the baby?"

Bella shook her head. "No. It's fine. I'm all good. The baby is good. Mark made waffles. Even though they looked more like pancakes. But he's trying. He's treating me like I'm vulnerable though. And I'm not," she said.

"Well Derek is still in jail. I had to leave him there. Because I'm scared that with how he's driving, he's going to wrap his car around a pole," Grace told her.

****

A police car had dropped off Derek in the ambulance bay. April looked to him. "Dr. Shepherd, the chief is looking for you," she said.

"I know."

"You missed the wedding last night," April told him as she looked to him.