"𝗜 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝗮 𝗙𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝘀" (𝗣𝘂𝘀𝗵)

Bella knew how she and Mark weren't talking. Ever since she had been there for him when Sloan had left, he had hardly talked to her.

Bella didn't know what she had done. But she wasn't going to let it get to her. She knew Mark was hurting. And she was going to give him time and space to get over it.

She walked into the kitchen and sighed. Grace looked to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. Just tired. Haven't been able to sleep lately. I don't know why. But you know, I'm good," Bella said. She knew she was lying and she missed Mark.

Grace rolled her eyes. "You're not okay. You miss Mark. And I think you're in denial about that. You can't lie to me Bella," she told her.

"Fine. I do miss him. I miss how it used to be with us. And it's not gonna change anything. He's still ignoring me. I don't know why. I've given him my support. And it doesn't seem like it's good enough," Bella said as she sat down.

Grace took her hand. She smiled. "He's just hurting over Sloan. You'll soon get him back. He needs to get over this hurt first. But he'll always be your man," she told her.

Bella shrugged and sighed. She knew how it was getting to the point now where she didn't even know if she and Mark could salvage their relationship. Knowing too much time had passed.

****

Callie walked into Mark's apartment. She saw him working out. "Today... feels like the day to me. I think by the close of business today, I've got cartilage in the bottle," she said.

Callie turned to see Mark who looked miserable. She frowned as she looked to him. "What's with you?"

"You and Derek. You're all "don't screw the nurses and the drug reps". You did a psych rotation. You know what happens when you tell someone to not think about an elephant? You spend a lot of time thinking about an... I walk around the hospital. Trying not to make eye contact with the women. I'm... lonely and unhappy. I don't see how this is a solution," Mark said.

Callie rolled her eyes. "Find a grown up who wants what you want. And date. Like a grown up. Bella is too young for you. She won't want what you do."

"I don't know what that means. And why would I date someone else? Bella is the one I love. And she loves me. I've pushed her away. And now she won't want me back," Mark told her.

****

Bella was standing with Alex. They were talking about random stuff. She smiled as Jackson walked over. "Hey. Is everything okay?" Bella asked with a smile.

"This um patient. I can't find the heartbeat."

Alex rolled his eyes. "So call the morgue. 40-watt," he said as he looked to him.

Jackson looked to Bella. Knowing she was the most responsible one. "He's not dead. He's sitting up. He's talking," he told them.

"Dude. You're lucky you have a famous last name," Alex said as he went to walk off into the room.

Bell followed him. "Are you forgetting my brother is Derek Shepherd? Famous last name too," she told him.

Alex walked over to the patient. Bella smiled as she looked to the patient Todd. "Take a deep breath, sir," she said. She was loving being back at work.