𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻 𝗗𝗼𝗲 (𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿)

Bella groaned as she woke up in Grace's room. She was cramped up on a tiny chair with Meredith. The older woman had drool which was dropping onto Bella's hand.

Izzie was asleep on a chair on their left while Alex and Cristina slept in chairs either side of Grace's bed.

Grace had a surgery the night before to remove a cancerous tumour from her brain. The six residents had refused to leave. Wanting to be there for her.

The door opened and Bailey quietly walked in. She looked to the interns and sighed as she picked up the chart. Bella stretched a little and sighed. "Morning Dr B," she mumbled.

"Any overnight changes?" Bailey asked, waking up the others who all shook their heads.

Bella checked her pager to see she had nothing from Mark. She didn't know what was going on with their relationship lately. They were having a lot of ups and downs.

Bailey's pager went off. "Oh! It's the chief. Somebody better make a coffee run. You all look like hell," she said.

Bella stood up and stretched again. She saw George who looked to her. "I need to be in surgery in less than an hour," he said.

"I have no idea what I'm doing today," Bella said as she flicked a little water at Meredith who was dropping off back to sleep. "Sleeping beauty. We gotta work."

"Bella. I like you better when you're with Sloan," Esmè mumbled as she stood up. She saw Grace asleep. "Anything happen?"

"No."

****

Bella had been called to a patient. She made her way outside as the ambulance arrived. "Unidentified male. Dragged by a bus. He's clamped down. So we couldn't intubate," they said.

Bella frowned. "Did they not stop or anything?" She asked, looking the guy, feeling completely bad for him.

"Bus driver didn't know he was there until he got halfway down the block."

Bella looked up as a woman climbed out the ambulance. Callie had taken over CPR. "Push 20 of etomidate and 100 of sux," Owen instructed.

The John Doe was wheeled into the ER. The female patient who's name was Amanda watched on.

Bella, Callie and Owen were all in the trauma room. Callie was performing CPR. Amanda ran in. "He saved my life. The bus was gonna hit me. He threw me out the way," she said.

Bella turned to her intern. "Lex. Get her out of here," she told her.

Lexie tried to get Amanda out. She wasn't listening though. "It was supposed to me under the bus. He's all alone. They don't even know who he is. Please," she begged Lexie.

Lexie nodded and sighed. "All right. Stand over there. And just don't move," she told her.

After a few moments, Callie spoke. "Okay. He's back," she said as she sighed. "Okay. Let's get a trauma series. Trauma labs and O-Neg blood in here. Severe avulsion injury to the left forearm."

The bandages were removed from the patients head. Bella felt sick. But she kept it together. "Woah," Lexie said.

Bella frowned. "His skull is bashed in. Page Shepherd and Sloan. Start antibiotics and start clearing out those wounds," she said as Amanda threw up.

Callie turned to Lexie. "Uh. Now can you get her out of here?" She said.

Lexie looked down as she left the room with Amanda.

****

Mark walked into the trauma room. Bella smiled to Mark who smiled back. "Woah."