𝗔𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 (𝗡𝗼 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗔𝘁 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆)

Bella had hardly talked to Derek. She knew how hurt she was over how he spoke to her. She had told him she would forgive him. But it was hard.

She was making the effort for Grace. And Grace alone. Mark didn't blame her. He was glad he had his friendship back with Derek. But he wanted to support Bella.

Planning the wedding had been so hard. But Bella was thankful she had Grace to help her. She wouldn't have coped otherwise. She was feeling bad at how Grace hadn't been able to plan her own wedding.

But she knew how Grace and Derek were waiting until Grace was better before they got married. And Bella couldn't wait for it.

****

Bella was stood in Grace's room. They were eating chicken as Grace couldn't. Bella wasn't. She was feeling sick.

Alex smirked as he looked to Grace. "Chicken. Good chicken," he said.

Grace rolled her eyes. She nodded. "Yeah, chicken. I know it's chicken. I want to know what it tastes like."

"Tastes like chicken," Alex told her as he winked. He was worried about Grace. But he wouldn't let on.

"I'm having surgery today."

Bailey looked over to her. She raised her eyebrows. "Maybe. If the mets have shrunk," she told her.

"Okay. I am maybe having surgery today, and as such, I cannot taste the chicken for myself, so I really need you guys to tell me what it tastes like. I need to nail down this dinner so I can announce it on Bella and Mark's wedding website," Grace told them.

Bella looked up to her. "Wait...There's a web site?" She asked.

Grace nodded and smiled. "Of course there is. So can you please be a little more articulate than just chicken?" She said.

Mark came out of the bathroom. Grace grinned. "Oh, that's the one. Very dapper, Dr. Sloan," she said.

Mark frowned. He saw the look on Bella's face. "You're serious about this? It's not some cruel joke?" He asked.

Grace shook her head and smiled. "You look fantastic. He looks fantastic, right?" She said turning to look at Bella.

Bella shrugged and smiled. "Yeah. Uh, whatever."

"Good luck with your scan," Cristina said as she walked out of the room.

"Good chicken."

Bailey rolled her eyes and walked over to Grace. "Fine. I'll taste the chicken."

****

Mark walked over to Callie. He smiled. "I got you a present," he said as he looked to her.

Callie shook her head. "I told you, you can't give me money, even if you are a fancy plastic surgeon. I am not your charity case. I-I am not your mistress. I'm your friend, your equal, so..."

Mark rolled his eyes. "It's not money. This wedding is costing me a fortune," he said.

Callie frowned. "Oh, really? 'Cause I was just doing the "poor but proud" thing for show before I accepted your government cheese."