Chapter 009 - 010

Chapter 009 Thinking highly of himself

Wei Chen's anger was hidden quickly. Before Chen Qing could see any clues, Wei Chen nodded towards Chen Qing expressionlessly, with nothing but coldness in his eyes. Other feelings.

"Brother Wei, why are you free to come to my house today?" Chen Qing asked, but in his heart he knew that Wei Chen was here for his marriage to Chen Li, and there was probably going to be a tough battle later, and he wanted to Wei Chen have illusions about him, and make him willing to marry Chen Li is also a question.

"I'm here to see Chen Li." Wei Chen said straight to the point as soon as he arrived without talking nonsense to Chen Qing.

Sure enough, Chen Qing thought, but said with sympathy on her face: "This is what my grandfather meant. I have also told my grandfather that Chen Li is not suitable for you, but my grandfather is not willing. As you know, my grandfather is more stubborn. He If it's decided, even my dad can't change it."

Chen Qing was telling Wei Chen in a roundabout way that Wei Chen and Chen Li's marriage is already a certainty, so Wei Chen, don't think about it. This fact has changed.

I don't know if Wei Chen understood what Chen Qing meant, so he just replied "Yeah." and stopped talking.

Du Liqun sat on the sofa in the living room with a cup of scented tea. When Wei Chen came in, she put down the scented tea and said with a graceful smile: "Wei Chen is here? Did you know that Chen Qing was going to the imperial capital today and came here to see him off?" "He knows a little bit about Wei Chen's thoughts, but he won't be happy to see it happen. Chen Qing will inherit the Chen family in the future, how can he get entangled with a man? So at this moment, although Du Lihun smiled without saying a word and had a polite attitude, she didn't want to see Wei Chen in her heart. She even wished that Chen Qing would immediately cut off contact with Wei Chen.

If Wei Chen hadn't been the grandson of the Wei family and might be helpful to Chen Qing in the future, she would have kicked them out long ago, leaving no room for Chen Qing to welcome them in.

"Mrs. Chen." Wei Chen greeted politely. As for Du Lihun's attitude, he didn't really care at the moment. "I came here this time to meet Chen Li."

Du Lihun also knew Wei Chen's purpose. , took a sip of scented tea, and said: "Wei Chen, I'm not talking about you as an aunt. Since your marriage to Chen Li is a fact decided by the Chen and Wei families, it will be difficult to change it. I also know that you are unwilling in your heart. What is Chen Li's situation? We also know that letting him marry you is indeed wronging you. But you can't think so about this matter. You have to see what benefits the Wei family has gained from this matter and the marriage with the Chen family. , If the Wei family wants to develop in the imperial capital in the future, it is not a matter of a word from my Chen family, you have to think about the Wei family." Du Lihun said very thoughtfully.

Wei Chen glanced at Du Lihun coldly and said: "My Wei family deserves to be blamed for this sentence." This means that even if the Wei family wants to develop in the imperial capital, you, the Chen family, do not need to intervene. Although Wei Chen didn't know why his grandfather agreed to his marriage to Chen Li, he definitely didn't take a fancy to the Chen family's power in the imperial capital.

The Wei family has not yet fallen to such a miserable state.

Du Lihun and Chen Qing did not expect Wei Chen to give such a tough answer. Du Lihun even looked at Wei Chen and said, "So, do you plan to reject the marriage with Chen Li to the end?"

Wei Chen said innocently, "I When did you say that I refused? I came here this time just to take Chen Li to register for marriage." It is better to choose

a date. Since the marriage has been decided, it should be completed as soon as possible. As far as Chen Li is concerned, the Chen family does not It is not a warm harbor. Being able to take Chen Li away as early as possible would be one less torture for Chen Li.

Chapter 010 Meeting Chen Li Again

Wei knew that Chen Li's life in the Chen family was not good, but he never expected that Chen Li would be treated like this in the Chen family.

Wei Chen was led by the servant to Chen Li's room. It was more like a small attic than a room. The door of the attic was closed tightly. The servant led Wei Chen to stop at the door of the attic and said: "Mr. Wei, the young master doesn't like to be disturbed by others, so I'll go down first." When talking about Chen Li, there was no trace of respect in the servant's mouth, and Wei Chen even heard contempt.

Obviously, in the Chen family, every servant looks down on Chen Li. Without the master's instructions, would the servant show his contempt so blatantly?

Wei Chen had no expression on his face, but he felt sorry for Chen Li's situation in his heart. He felt more and more that taking Chen Li away from the Chen family as soon as possible was the most correct choice.

After the servant left, Wei Chen stepped forward and knocked gently on the door. It was quiet inside and no one responded. Wei Chen knew in his heart that Chen Li would not open the door because of his personality, but he felt the silence inside. Wei Chen felt panicked for no reason, and he couldn't help but become more eager to knock on the door.

There was still silence waiting for Wei Chen. Wei Chen's heart became more and more anxious, and it even seemed as if someone had hollowed out his heart. His heartbeat was about to jump out of his throat. At this moment, Wei Chen lost his mind, turned around and kicked hard. Kicked the door open fiercely.

The moment the door was kicked open, a wave of heat and the pungent smell of paint washed over Wei Chen. Wei Chen didn't care about it and looked for Chen Li in the small and cramped attic.

The attic was small, and Wei Chen saw Chen Li almost at a glance. The thin young man was sitting upright in front of the drawing board, holding a colored pen in his hand and swaying it on the paper. The sun was shining outside, but the world in the young man's pen was dark and dark. The bright colors and cramped space create a sense of oppression that is almost suffocating.

The Chen family actually has central air conditioning. Although the air outside is very hot in midsummer, the Chen family villa is as cool as spring. The only exception is the attic on the top, which is directly exposed to direct sunlight and the temperature is high. The temperature in this room is comparable to that outside, and because the windows are closed and the airflow is limited, you can imagine the temperature in this room.

Wei Chen had just come in for a while, and beads of sweat were already forming on his forehead. However, Wei Chen seemed to have lost all feeling. He stared blankly at the young man's back, forgetting his words and where he was for a moment. .

At this moment, fireworks seemed to begin to bloom in his mind. The young man's straight back coincided with the blood-stained but smiling face in his memory. Wei Chen was ecstatic, and his eyes were filled with tears for an instant. The next moment, There were crystal tears falling from Wei Chen's eyes, across his cheeks, and formed into water droplets on his strong chin, dripping down.

I don't know how long it took before Wei Chen wiped the tears on his face carelessly, walked towards Chen Li, and finally stopped beside Chen Li, reaching out to touch Chen Li, but the moment he raised his hand, he stopped again. He paused in embarrassment. Now Chen Li was completely trapped in the world he defined. The slightest touch from others was the most painful thing for Chen Li.

"Chen Li..." Wei Chen softly called Chen Li's name. When these two words appeared on the tip of Wei Chen's tongue, they were indescribably tender.

The young man didn't seem to notice anyone coming in, and his eyes were focused on the distance. On the drawing paper, a ray of sunlight jumped in from the window and fell on the darkest place.