Chapter 017 - 018

Chapter 017 No Sleep

As the noon approaches, the summer sun becomes more and more intense and venomous, making the whole world look withered.

Wei Chen cared about Chen Li's lingering heat. When the sun got hotter, he stopped Chen Li from continuing to draw. He clicked on the card just right. When Chen Li finished one painting, he was about to paint the next one.

Chen Li stared at the painting folders and paints with big eyes. He obviously didn't want Wei Chen to put the things away. He didn't say anything, and his eyes were fixed on the painting folders and couldn't move away. How could Wei Chen not know what Chen Li was thinking, but he would not let Chen Li continue painting under the bright sun. He reached out and rubbed Chen Li's hair and said: "Tomorrow I will take you to another place to paint. Now It's getting hotter and hotter. You haven't recovered yet, so you can't suffer from heatstroke."

I don't know if Chen Li understood what Wei Chen said, but when Wei Chen finished speaking, he moved his eyes away from the painting folder and said to Wei Chen's gentle eyes looked at the picture folder again, as if he was confirming something.

"Don't worry, as long as the weather is fine tomorrow, I will bring you here." For some reason, Wei Chen was able to accurately guess Chen Li's thoughts through Chen Li's unchanged eyes.

Chen Li seemed relieved and sat up from the stool. As soon as he sat up, he saw a pair of hands appearing in front of him. The knuckles were long and seemed to shine faintly in the sun. Chen Li stared at these hands for a long time, then stretched out his hands timidly, his pale fingertips trembling slightly, breaking the sunlight all over the ground.

The moment the two hands touched, Chen Li wanted to retract his hand as if he was electrocuted, but Wei Chen moved faster and held Chen Li's hand firmly in his.

The temperature is high in summer, and Wei Chen's constitution is also on the hot side. His palms are slightly wet with sweat, but when he holds Chen Li's hand, it is full of strength and warmth.

Chen Li stopped struggling, obediently put his hand in Wei Chen's palm, and followed Wei Chen step by step towards his ward.

This summer, the sun is shining brightly, the branches and leaves are flourishing, and the green world is full of the breath of life.

...

Later in the evening, Wei Chen supervised Chen Li as he ate dinner and stayed with Chen Li for a while. Perhaps because he was still ill, Chen Li went to bed early.

Wei Chen sat next to the hospital bed and looked at Chen Li gently on the bed. Even though he had entered a deep sleep, Chen Li could not relax his eyebrows and frowned, not knowing what he was dreaming about.

Wei Chen reached out and gently touched Chen Li's brow with his slender fingers, trying to smooth his brow, but he retracted the moment he touched it.

Chen Li was a very light sleeper. If he had moved a little louder, he would probably have disturbed him.

In the end, Wei Chen just helped Chen Li tuck in the quilt and said softly, almost silently, in Chen Li's ear: "Good night, sweet dreams." His eyebrows were gentle and his tone was intimate.

Wei Chen stayed beside the bed for a while before getting up. When he was about to go out, Chen Li on the bed seemed to have a nightmare and started struggling on the bed. Wei Chen immediately stepped forward, held Chen Li's hand, and comforted softly, "I'm here, and I will accompany you."

Perhaps Wei Chen's comfort had an effect, and Chen Li slowly stopped struggling. He became quiet again, but his brows were furrowed tightly. The original posture of lying flat turned into a tight huddle together, feeling extremely insecure.

The cold quilt fell off Chen Li's body due to Chen Li's struggle just now, and the hospital gown was rolled up slightly. After comforting Chen Li, Wei Chen stood up and planned to tidy up Chen Li's clothes, but his hand just touched Chen Li's body. Li's clothes, when his eyes touched the skin of Chen Li's waist, it sank, like stagnant water in a cold pool, cold to the bone.

Chapter 018 Discussion of the condition

Chen Li has been in a closed space for a long time and has rarely been exposed to sunlight, which makes Chen Li's skin fair and delicate. However, it is this whiteness that makes the bruises on Chen Li's skin so shocking.

As Wei Chen pushed up Chen Li's clothes bit by bit, there were more and more blue and black bruises, some old and new, mottled and ferocious, scattered on Chen Li's skin, white and blue and black. Mixed together, it's really scary.

Wei Chen didn't pull up Chen Li's clothes or take off Chen Li's pants to check. Firstly, he didn't want to disturb Chen Li. Secondly, he didn't dare to look. Just a part of the waist is so shocking, but what about other parts? When Wei Chen thought about it, he felt his heart tightening and aching.

"The patient has lived in a lonely and violent space for a long time."

- The doctor's words rang in Wei Chen's mind again. He originally thought that what Chen Li suffered was just cold violence from the Chen family. Now it seems that it is more than just cold violence. Simple? The alternation of old and new bruises shows how much pain the Chen family has caused Chen Li!

No wonder Chen Li is more afraid of contact with people than other autistic patients. It turns out that while he is immersed in his own world, he is also suffering endless malice from the outside world!

Wei Chen used a lot of control to suppress the anger rising in his heart. He gently pulled Chen Li's clothes and tucked him into bed. He went out and asked the nurse on duty to pay more attention to what was going on in the ward, and then he suppressed it. He left the hospital with overwhelming anger and went to Chen's house again.

...

Chen Qing didn't know why, but he originally planned to go back to school, but now he took a week's leave and stayed in the Magic City. Chen Qing's father, Chen Yunsheng, who has been on a business trip for more than half a month, also returned home today. Chen Qing's sister, Chen Yu, came back from school specially. The family sent Chen Li away, otherwise they would have been reunited.

However, perhaps because of the absence of Chen Li this time, the family felt that this reunion was particularly rare.

As night fell, the Chen family's dining table was enjoying themselves, until the housekeeper came in and announced that Wei Chen was here.

The atmosphere at the dinner table froze. Du Lihun's eyes darkened and she put down the chopsticks she had just raised. Chen Qing frowned directly, with some anger in his eyes.

When Wei Chen carried the unconscious Chen Li away yesterday, he looked so menacing that they still felt a little frightened when they recalled it now. He was obviously not angry at them, but his cold temperament was like substance, as if it could penetrate people.

As for Chen Qing, besides being frightened at that moment, he was even more angry towards Wei Chen. He and Wei Chen have known each other for more than ten years. Wei Chen has never had a harsh word with him, but this time he got angry with him over a fool!

Chen Yunsheng and Chen Yu were outsiders and didn't know what happened yesterday. When they heard Wei Chen coming, they were just surprised that Wei Chen came at this time.

Chen Yunsheng put down the chopsticks in his hands and said to the butler: "Let Mr. Wei come in." The butler

glanced at Du Li Xun vaguely, and after seeing that there was no resistance on Du Li Xun's face, he went out and invited Wei Chen in. .

"Master Wei, please come inside." The butler led Wei Chen to the entrance and made a gesture of inviting him.

"Thank you." Wei Chen nodded politely towards the housekeeper, his eyes were cold and showed no emotion.

...

"Wei Chen is here, are you here to see Chen Qing?" While the housekeeper went to invite Wei Chen in, Chen Yunsheng had already sat on the sofa in the living room and looked at Wei Chen with a smile.

"I came here this time to discuss Chen Li's condition with my uncle." Wei Chen said straight to the point without mincing words.