Chapter 019 - 020

Chapter 019 I called the police

The summer rain came as soon as it came. When Wei Chen arrived at Chen's house, the weather was still sunny. Not long after he arrived at Chen's house, heavy rain fell, and thunder roared, making This supposedly peaceful summer night became a little noisy.

In the Chen family's living room, Chen Yunsheng and Wei Chen sat opposite each other, and the atmosphere was somewhat condensed.

Chen Yunsheng looked at Wei Chen calmly. He was a little unsure about the reason why Wei Chen came here this time. He also knew that Wei Chen and Chen Li were getting married, but looking at Wei Chen's appearance, it didn't look like he was here to refuse the marriage.

"I was negligent in this matter." Although he couldn't guess Wei Chen's purpose, Chen Yunsheng was still smiling, "I just came back from a business trip and just sat down to have a hot meal. I didn't go to the hospital to see Chen Li. , I still don't understand Chen Li's condition, which is my negligence as a father."

"Uncle, I'm lucky." Wei Chen followed Chen Yunsheng's words and said, and he didn't know what Chen Yunsheng meant. Chen Yunsheng said this lightly, seeming to take the initiative to admit his mistakes, but in fact he cut off Wei Chen's words and told Wei Chen that it was not that I didn't know about Chen Li's condition, but that I was too busy to care about Chen Li's condition. .

Of course, if Wei Chen's purpose today was to call for punishment, then Chen Yunsheng would have taken the initiative by simply "admitting his mistake". But Wei Chen's purpose today is not to call for punishment. How can the Chen family, who doesn't feel they are at fault, give others a chance to ask questions? So when he came, Wei Chen was immediately "convicted".

"There's something I need to say sorry to my uncle first." Wei Chen looked directly into Chen Yunsheng's eyes and said he wanted to say sorry, but his eyes were full of coldness. The so-called sorry was just a show of words.

"But it doesn't matter." The smile on Chen Yunsheng's face remained unchanged, but his eyes had darkened.

"When I came over, I had already called the police." Wei Chen stood up from the sofa and glanced around with cold eyes. Just as a thunder exploded, the world flickered, and Wei Chen's expressionless face was illuminated by lightning. It was getting brighter and brighter, but there was something strange about it. The Chen family present couldn't help but be shocked. When they reacted, their hands were already covered with goosebumps.

Considering the status of the Chen family in the Magic City, the fact that Wei Chen called the police could not shake them at all. What shocked them was the strange feeling that Wei Chen had just revealed, and his obviously paralyzed face. There was no expression on his face, but at the moment when the lightning flickered, they seemed to feel a kind of determination and morbid hatred from Wei Chen, which made people's hair stand on end.

Chen Yunsheng and Du Lihun were both calm people, but when the two couples looked at Wei Chen again, there was a little more probing look in their eyes. Chen Qing is also calm and self-possessed. After yesterday and now, Chen Qing is already exploring the reasons for Wei Chen's change in attitude.

In this way, the scene became somewhat silent.

"Wei Chen, what do you mean?" Soon after, the youngest Chen Yu lost his temper and asked Wei Chen with an angry face. Not only did he come to her house at this time and disturb their dinner, but he also called the police for no apparent reason. The Chen family is not afraid of the police, but no one would greet someone with a smile when bad luck comes to their door.

"What do I mean? Ha!" Wei Chen wanted to sneer, but under the influence of his underdeveloped facial nerves, the sneer was particularly ferocious, "As Chen Li's fiancé, I can't stand watch Chen Li suffer abuse by  you."