Chapter 248 On Demand (5) (1/2)

The two of them entered the world again three months later.

They are still like the previous worlds, never having their original memories.

This is a world where humans will awaken to extraordinary abilities when they first develop.

Some people will become sentinels, some people will become guides, but most of them will still be ordinary people.

Sentinels' five senses are more developed than ordinary people and their combat effectiveness is high. They have the ability to communicate with ghosts and animal spiritual bodies, generally called quantum beasts.

Because their senses are too sensitive, they are prone to some special diseases. At this time, guides are needed to help them sort out their spirits and calm their emotions.

Guides have extremely strong mental powers, but are relatively weak physically.

Whether they are sentries or guides, they all have a spiritual picture, that is, a concrete spiritual world. 2

At the same time, the abilities possessed by sentries and guides will also bring them disadvantages to varying degrees.

If the Sentinel's senses are severely imbalanced, he will be trapped in his own mental picture and unable to leave. This situation is called fugue. What's more, a crazy reaction will occur.

Guides will suffer from too many other people's emotions due to their strong mental perception, and fall into coma or emotional disorder. 3

The awakened sentinels and guides will enter the sanctuary to study together, and the guides will have a special guide home.

After completing the training, they will enter the tower. The tower is not only a place responsible for arranging their work, but also their residence.

Each sentry will be equipped with a guide to conduct regular mental grooming.

They will be bound together through "bonding", which is divided into spiritual union and physical union. 4

Since the number of guides is much smaller than that of sentinels, some sentinels who have not found a guide either continue to wait, or rely on guides to stabilize their emotions, or to suppress bonding heat.

Once a Sentinel and a Guide are bonded, it is difficult to separate them.

In the tower, there is also a special kind of existence, they are called mediums.

As the name suggests, it is to introduce sentinels and guides who are suitable for each other.

This is how Hao Su and Fan Qing met. Hao Su is a guide and his spiritual ability is very powerful.

Some guides are too mentally powerful and can over-carry other people's emotions. In Hao Su's case, it's just the opposite. If a sentry with a too low level is with him, it may be affected in turn.

Fan Qing is in a similar situation to him. If he is matched with an unsuitable guide, not only will his mood not improve, he will even have a mental riot and enter the "long night" phenomenon, which means he will never wake up again.

Guides also have a corresponding "eternal day" phenomenon, which is the decline of the spiritual sea. 5

When the two met, they immediately realized that they were a very good match.

Both Hao Su and Fan Qing are actually very famous in the tower. But all kinds of mistakes prevented them from officially meeting until today.

As luck would have it, not long after the two parties got to know each other, they formally established a link relationship.