And so the trouble begins

Ellie's pov

Myself, Tom and Annie were now heading for the local fair, bare in mind we were still living in a hotel room and that we were suppose to be house hunting today.

Nevertheless, we decided today would be a good day for some down time for Tom.

If I didn't mention before, Tom has got a deal with itv to make his own diving TV show, the first of it's kind.

Tom seemed pretty happy about his new venue, but I know him way too well, when he is stressed he tries to keep himself busy.

At the current second, we're walking along the pier in some random sea-side town, the name has completely slipped my mind.

All I know, is that I can smell onions frying from the burger vans nearby, I know we just had lunch, but the smell is making me really hungry!

Finally, we reached the pier and Annie smiled widely as we walked through the brightly coloured entrance, covered in garland.

"Where first?" Tom directed his question at Annie.

"I've never been to a fair before, can we have a look round first?" Annie asked.

"Of course we can darl'" Tom smiled.

 Tom took hold on Annie's hand protectively as we weaved in and out of people at the bustling fair.

The sound of almost too happy merry-go-rounds theme songs enticing customers, overpowered the other sounds of talking and the sizzling of those onions I was craving.

"What's that?" Annie asked, pointing to the biggest roller coaster there was.

"Oh, that's too scary for you," Tom explained.

"No, I'd like to go on that one please," Annie pleaded, giving Tom the puppy dog eyes.

"Ellie will take you on," Tom evilly volunteered me.

"I'm scared of hights Tom , you know that!" I responded, shocked by Tom's selfish answer.

"Well it's the least you can do, I've payed for the whole day," He spat.

"Oh, right okay well yeah I'll go on the ride with Annie, don't let us waste on of your precious days," I tried to hold back the tears from the sharpness to Tom's voice.

I didn't wait for a reply, I pulled Annie off towards the ride she requested to ride on.

"Have you and Tom fell out?" Annie asked.

"No honey, Tom's just tired," I was trying to convince myself as well as Annie about this.

Annie nodded simply, knowing there was nothing more to be said about what just happened.

We located the Que for the ride and once I'd measured Annie on the height gauge to make sure she was tall enough, we began the climb up the line.

Before I knew it, I was being strapped into my harness, roller coasters always scared me.

Just imagine if the harness came loose, you'd fall out of the ride and into oblivion, but not literally oblivion.

You'd probably just land on the floor with a splat, not really the most sensible thing to the thinking about as you're climbing higher on a roller coaster.

The chain was making a very suspicious clicking noise when it was pulling us higher up, but I did my best to block it out.

At the top of the incline, we were left suspended over a verticle drop for around 5 seconds.