Christmas day

Ellie's pov

My eyes gently fluttered open and my eyes were greeted with a dark room, the only thing I could see were the outlines of the wardrobes lined neatly on the other side of the room.

Tom rolled over next to me, wrapping his muscular arms around my waist, letting me know he was there.

A smile crept onto my face as I squirmed out of his grasp and carefully swung my legs out of the bed.

Quietly, I tiptoed across the wooden flooring and down the staircase.

Opening the kitchen door with a slight creak, once inside I flicked the switch which caused the kettle to spring to life.

While the water inside the kettle was warming, I got out my favourite mug, a heart detailed on.

The switch on the kettle flicked back up to it's original position, I continued to pour the steaming water into my mug, before adding the coffee beans.

Once I'd safely returned to myself and Tom's room, I placed the hot mug of coffee on my bedside table.

Then, I snook around to the wardrobes and opened the one at the far left hand side.

I opened the doors and knelt down to rummage around in the bottom drawer in the wardrobe.

My heat thudded as I couldn't find the gifts, but then I found them, Tom's gifts wrapped delicately in decorative royal blue paper.

Gifts in my arms, I returned to the bed and placed the gifts where I once lay, next to Tom.

"Happy Christmas babe," I whispered as I shook Tom gently awake.

Tom's eyes opened slowly and a grin made it's way to his lips.

"Happy Christmas sweetheart," He replied, kissing my forehead gently.

Tom then suddenly jumped up from the bed and left the room, I knew he'd gone to retrieve the gifts he'd picked out for me, the same gifts I'd discovered whilst unpacking yesterday.

He returned with a mischievous grin on his face, obviously pleased that he had managed to hide them away from me, or so he thought.

I pushed the pile of gifts towards Tom, who did the same with my packages.

We both began to tare the wrapping paper away and discover our well thought out gifts.

A few minutes in and wrapping paper covered the room, plus I'd found use for the ribbons, by tying them round my head.

Tom looked up, after opening his gifts and fell into a fit of laughing because of the ribbon.

I took this time to place a ribbon on his head too and Tom just stared in amazement at what I was doing.

"You're one of a kind," He repeated for at least the tenth time since we met.

"Thank you," I replied, smirking slightly.

Tom picked up his phone from his bedside table and snapped a picture of us together, posing with our ribbons on our heads.

He continued to post it to twitter, before we cleared away the mess we'd created with our presents.

Once the mess was cleared away, Tom went downstairs to sort out the breakfast while I made the bed.

My gifts in a bundle in my arms, I made my way downstairs, my engagement ring caught the light slightly, making my eyes pan down to view it.

Once again I smiled, knowing how lucky I am to have Tom in my life, and will do for the durantation of what's left.

I reached the living room and placed my gifts on to dining table before going to help Tom in the kitchen.