Friends?

"Hello?"  Tom asked down the phone.

"yep, no, Ellie, She's fine, Yeah I'm still here, Sober now, yes I will yep, okay, bye." Tom said to the person on the other end of the phone obviously answering their questions.

"Who was it?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"Your Father" Tom responded.

"And?" I asked.

"He is stuck in the snow up in Manchester and can't get back for a while " He replied.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"I am headding back tonight" Tom said.

"Oh, will you excuse me for a second?" I asked, not leaving any time for a reply as I ran up stairs dramatically.

I locked the door behind me and slid down it, almost in tears.

It wasn't that he was leaving that had upset me it was that he seemed fine with leaving me alone, with no power and snowed in, and to be perfectly honest I was scared, and still upset about the den falling down.

Yet he really didn't care did he? why should he? He didn't even know me

I heard Tom's phone go off and he answered it I heard a little bit of his conversation:

"Hi baby are you okay?" 

"No no I'm fine I will be home soon" 

"Yeah yeah I know "

"I love you too Emily "

"Babe please you know that I'm in love with you know one else, Ellie is just a mate if you can call it that, I'm coming home very soon, I'm here until I can get back, that's all"

"Okay, love you, Bye " 

He began to walk up the stairs towards my room and I didn't want to speak to him, "Ellie is just a mate, if you can call it that?!"

Tom tried opening my door but saw it was locked so decided to knock.

I didn't open the door and I was planning on staying in here until he left.

"Ellie?" He asked softly.

"Yeah?"I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked questionably.

"No" I sobbed

"Whats up?" He asked. 

I didn't respond I ran over to my bed and berried my head in my pillow and sobbed even harder than before, if that was possible.

Tears were streaming down my face, everything was too much, being scared because of the storm, being hung over, the den blowing down and the fact Tom was really nice then I find out he has a girlfriend...

"Urm Ellie, I'm staying here for a while because my Mum is snowed in too so can't pick me up is that okay?" Tom asked hopefully.

"Whatever" I mumbled, all I wanted right now was Mum, but she was in France so I was going to have to act like the adult I was soon to become and just get on with it.

 Being the nearly-adult I am, I decided to let Tom in so I unlocked the door and then lay back down on my bed.

"Budge up" He said.

I sat up and he sat next to me putting an arm around my waist and the safety feeling suddenly came back, this is so wrong, he has a girlfriend! I kept telling myself.

"So where am I sleeping tonight?" Asked Tom.

"Well you can stay in my room and I will have the sofa" I said politely, I failed to mention the reason I didn't want to sleep in my room was because my pillow was soaked from me crying earlier.

"Thank you Ellie" Tom said

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Its around 8pm" Tom responded. 

"So what should we do? " I asked. 

"Lets play quickfire and get to know each other a little better " Tom said.

"Okay first question" I said.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Nope" I said quietly. 

"Do you have a girlfriend" I asked.

"Yep" He said said "Sadly" He added.

"Oh" I said feeling a little sad after his response.

"Its difficult, I'm going out with Emily simply because we knew each other when we were small and our Mums got friendly.

After dad died she was there for me and our Mums basically set us up but I have wanted to dump her for a while but I needed a good reason" Tom said truthfully. "Plus Mum seems happier than ever knowing I'm with her and I don't want to upset her, she's been through a lot recently.

"At least someone wants you, even if you don't want her, I have been single forever" I replied nervously.

"Someone out there does want you, maybe you just don't realize it." He said seeming slightly distant.

"Anyways I'm going to bed" I said whilst walking to the airing cupboard to get some blankets before heading downstairs and lying on the sofa.

Tom lay the blanket over me before kissing my cheek making me blush a little, but it was very dark due to the night sky outside and the power cut, so he wouldn't of seen.

"You have a tendency of doing that" He said.

"Doing what?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Blushing" he said before walking up the stairs.

I giggled before turning over and letting sleep take over me.