Chapter 3

Compared to the Empress, the emperor of the Yetian Empire rarely showed himself in public.

The first few chapters of 《Galactic Toppling》 briefly introduced the background of this article. The Yetian Empire was originally the overlord of the galaxy, but a few decades ago, the imperial family made the mistake of starting a war. That war directly led to the division of the country, causing its strength to plummet. Since then, the imperial family's military power had been taken away, and even now, there were only a thousand guards.

Although the emperor in front of him had deliberately kept a low profile since he succeeded the throne, the memory of the original Duan Hengye constantly reminded him that the emperor was absolutely dissatisfied with the current situation of the imperial family being at a disadvantage, and even hated the current power of Meng Jinhuai.

Although the original host was a high-level spy for the imperial family, he had only met the emperor a few times, and the last time was almost ten years ago.

Just as Duan Hengye was trying to recall the details of their last meeting, the two had already reached the door of the study. "His Majesty said that you can go in directly." The servant that accompanied Duan Hengye bowed slightly after he finished speaking, and then left as if he was escaping … Duan Hengye was speechless as he looked at the servant's back. Was there a need for that? Then he finally took a deep breath and slowly pushed open the tightly shut door of the study.

A faint fragrance wafted into his nose. After Duan Hengye pushed open the door, he saw a young man standing by the flower pot with his back facing him. At this time, the young man's head was lowered as he tended to the delicate flower pot in front of him, looking very relaxed. But Duan Hengye knew that the more this kind of person was, the more terrifying they were …

After hearing the sound of someone pushing open the door, before Duan Hengye could say anything, the emperor turned around and looked at him indifferently. "You're here." Then he gently put down the flower scissors in his hand. In the Galactic Era, the average lifespan of a human was more than two hundred years. Although it had been almost ten years since the last time they met, the emperor's appearance didn't change at all compared to Duan Hengye's memory.

His black hair was slightly longer, and his appearance was slightly feminine. In short, he did not look like the ruler of the Empire that people imagined him to be. However, Duan Hengye knew that the man in front of him had the same ambition and … the same cruelty as his ancestors.

"Yes, Your Majesty …" Logically speaking, the original owner of the body should not know that Meng Jinhuai was already out of danger, so Duan Hengye remained calm and bowed to him. The Emperor smiled and sat on the sofa next to him. He put his fingers on his knees and tapped them gently from time to time. After a while, he slowly said to Duan Hengye, "It seems that Professor Duan still doesn't know the situation at the edge of the planet."

Upon hearing this, Duan Hengye frowned and raised his head.

Seeing that Duan Hengye had finally raised his head, the Emperor smiled at him. He then stood up and patted Duan Hengye's shoulder, whispering in his ear, "Congratulations, Professor Duan. Your spouse has saved you from danger. " After he finished speaking, the back of the Emperor's hand gently rubbed against Duan Hangye's cheek twice in a rather ambiguous manner.

Duan Hengye had never liked physical contact with others since he was young, but this time, he ignored the discomfort on his face.

Meng Jinhuai had saved him from danger, and the ending was exactly the same as in the original novel!

For some reason, Duan Hengye's body began to tremble. This was not to say that he was afraid of the man in front of him, but it was an instinctive reaction from the original owner of the body. Although the memories of being trained as a spy when she was young had gradually faded away as she grew older, this body still had an instinctive fear of the man in front of her.