Chapter 78

When Duan Hengye stood up, he finally felt that the current situation was a little strange — — he was too familiar with Meng Jinhuai, and the next segment was very formal. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was someone else, but this person was Meng Jinhuai … Therefore, it was really strange no matter how he thought about it.

The last time Duan Hengye's new mecha was delivered, the state of the Empire was far more chaotic than it was now. And because the Empire's border planets were still in a war, whether it was Meng Jinhuai or the other two generals, they were not in Nan zhuxing. Therefore, the handover ceremony and related activities were naturally canceled.

Therefore, Nan zhuxing hadn't had such a grand handover ceremony for many years.

It wasn't just Duan Hengye, the rest of the audience also noticed this. The ceremony was supposed to be a solemn and formal event between the two major organizations in the galaxy, but when they found out about the relationship between the two people in front of them, the originally solemn atmosphere of the event actually gave birth to a sense of 'warmth' for no reason.

It could even be said that it was a bit like a "wedding".

In addition, because Duan Hengye had been sitting the whole time, the black cloak on his body wasn't very eye-catching. But when he stood up, the cloak's presence instantly multiplied by several times.

The ankle-length black cloak was extremely draping, because Meng Jinhuai's frame was a little bigger than Duan Hengye's. At this time, the Marshal's cloak was particularly loose on Duan Hengye's shoulders. However, because of the slightly larger cut, it finally reduced the seriousness and dullness of the military uniform. Instead, it added a little "lazy" aura to Duan Hengye. Although it didn't fit well, the cloak felt like it belonged to Duan Hengye.

After the next event began, Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai stood up together and took a few steps forward. At this time, a familiar staff member from the military began to introduce the content of the next segment according to the procedure list. After the staff member finished speaking, Duan Hengye picked up the metal box, just like the previous procedure.

At this time, the HD live broadcast cameras from various media outlets all focused on Duan Hengye's hand. The HD level of the interstellar era was unimaginable, but even so, Duan Hengye's hand still didn't have a single flaw — it really was a work of art.

Actually, this segment was very simple, but Professor Duan was distracted for a moment. Therefore, after Duan Hengye picked up the box containing the mecha activation medal, he didn't have time to pay attention to what the audience was paying attention to. Instead, he was recalling the next part of the procedure.

Duan Hengye didn't know what metal the box was made of. He had been holding it in his hand for a long time, but it was still as cold as a block of ice. After the segment officially began, Duan Hengye quickly opened the box.

The small silver-white medal was lying quietly on the dark purple velvet lining. It looked very delicate. Duan Hengye's hand paused for a moment. Finally, he slowly took the medal out of the box.

In fact, Duan Hengye only noticed when he was looking at the procedure list that what he needed to do was not as simple as handing the mecha activation medal to Meng Jinhuai.

The mecha activation medal was special. After Duan Hengye held it in his hand, he immediately understood the mystery behind it. Then, he used a little bit of skill to split the medal into two.

After he took the medal out, his assistant, Ye Pu, who was standing next to Duan Hengye, took the box from him again. At this time, Duan Hengye turned around slightly and faced the huge mecha dock.