Chapter 68

Although transportation in the Interstellar Era was very fast, this was still a journey between planets. Duan Hengye saw the news after class ended two hours later. Even if he were to return to the Research Institute now, it would take him a few more hours.

Duan Hengye did not understand why Meng Jinhuai would suddenly go to the Research Institute at this time. However, after seeing the message sent by Su Mingge, even though he was still on the distant Planet Duguang, he could imagine how nervous his colleagues at the research institute were at this moment.

After class, the students dispersed one after another. Duan Hengye also returned to his lounge. However, he did not leave the classroom as usual. Instead, he took out his optical supercomputer again and sent a message to Meng Jinhuai.

Duan Hengye estimated that it was almost time for the Research Institute to get off work. He guessed that as long as the Marshal was there, no one would dare to leave before him. Therefore, as the Dean, Duan Hengye, who was rarely considerate, helped the staff out. He told Meng Jinhuai that he could go to his residence in the Research Institute to rest.

Just as Duan Hengye estimated, the sun was currently setting in the hemisphere where the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute was located. Logically speaking, at this time, most of the researchers who had finished their work should have left. However, until now, the tense atmosphere in the Research Institute had not dissipated.

Although no notice was given in advance, the news of Meng Jinhuai's arrival at the Research Institute still spread throughout the Research Institute.

This was not the first time Meng Jinhuai had been to the Research Institute, but it was obvious that he had not lost his interest in this place. While walking and stopping, Meng Jinhuai asked a lot of questions to the staff accompanying him. As the Marshal of the Yeti Empire with countless military achievements, Meng Jinhuai's understanding of Mecha far exceeded that of the average researcher. Soon, everyone realized that Meng Jinhuai's questions were not casually raised, but rather, they were rather profound and had been considered in advance.

For a moment, everyone was nervous. They were afraid that Meng Jinhuai would suddenly wander over and ask some difficult questions.

As the Vice Dean, Su Mingge was only accompanying Meng Jinhuai on a tour. However, when he heard Meng Jinhuai's questions, he could not help but feel nervous like everyone else.

In the blink of an eye, the Research Institute's daytime working hours were over. However, Meng Jinhuai's attitude did not seem to have any intention of leaving. However, when Meng Jinhuai walked to the Research Institute, the Research Institute's optical system, Su Mingge saw Meng Jinhuai's optical supercomputer.

There was no need to think too much. As the Grand Marshal of the empire, Meng Jinhuai would definitely receive countless messages on his A.I. every second. If he was like an ordinary person and set the notification mode to normal, he would have been annoyed to death by the sound of the notifications. Su Mingge remembered that Meng Jinhuai's optical supercomputer had not flashed even once in the past few hours. He guessed that Meng Jinhuai must have set the notification mode to emergency notifications.

Therefore, when he saw Meng Jinhuai's optical supercomputer light up, Su Mingge could not help but feel nervous. Whether the staff could get off work on time was a small matter. The safety of the Empire was the most important thing. Like Su Mingge, Meng Jinhuai also saw his optical supercomputer light up. Then, he stopped in his tracks. Then, he picked up the silver-white optical supercomputer and opened the message he had just received.

Now, Su Mingge was not the only one following Meng Jinhuai. There were several other people in charge of the Research Institute as well. When they saw the notification from the Marshal's optical supercomputer, everyone became nervous.