Chapter 67

In Amro University, skipping grades wasn't an easy thing to do. This matter could even be described as "extremely complicated". It could be seen from the high failure rate of the mecha major that Amro, as the number one institution of higher learning in the Galaxy, had always been extraordinarily strict in terms of grades.

Even though the school had a grade-skipping policy since its establishment, Duan Hengye's impression was that no one would take the risk to attempt this.

After Lan Jingchi sent the news, Duan Hengye used his authority to check Amro University's backend. Immediately after, he found out that in the past ten years, there were only nine people from all the majors in the school who had applied to skip grades, and five of them had succeeded. And out of the five who had successfully applied, only two of them had successfully graduated with their senior year.

This probability was so low that it was a little scary — it was almost like buying a lottery ticket.

To the outside world, every major in Amro University was ranked at the top of the Galaxy. However, within the school, there was still the so-called "ace major". Other than the mecha design major that Duan Hengye was currently in, pharmaceutics was also considered one of Amro's ace majors.

From the records he had just checked, it could be seen that in the past ten years, no one from the mecha or pharmaceutics majors had applied to skip grades, which showed how difficult this task was.

Seeing this, Duan Hengye couldn't help but feel a headache coming on. Because while he was looking for information, he also saw that Amro's intranet clearly stated that any student who applied to skip grades not only had to maintain their ranking in the top one percent of their major, but their grades had to be above ninety points. Not only that, the amount of experiments and classes they had to take was several times more than normal students.

Duan Hengye felt that for Lan Jingchi, meeting the first requirement wasn't difficult. But the second requirement, "Grades above ninety points", wasn't easy at all. Although Duan Hengye didn't know the specifics of the Pharmacy Department for the time being, if he remembered correctly, the first place in his Mecha Department last semester was only 83 points.

Amro hadn't officially started classes yet, so no one knew that Lan Jingchi had chosen to skip a grade apart from the teachers.

After closing Amro University's intranet and reading Lan Jingchi's message, Duan Hengye finally replied.

"Duan Hengye:

Don't be in a hurry to decide on the matter of skipping a grade. The Mecha Department will open before the Pharmacy Department. When the time comes, come find me in advance. "

In the past, Lan Jingchi's replies had always been very timely. It could even be said that he was enthusiastic. But this time, a long time after Duan Hengye sent the message, Lan Jingchi slowly replied with an unusually simple "Okay."

Duan Hengye had been a teacher for almost a year, but today was perhaps the first time he had experienced the exhaustion of this profession...

Just as Duan Hengye had said in his reply to Lan Jingchi, his Mecha Department would start classes a few days earlier than Lan Jingchi's Pharmacy Department. Duan Hengye's original intention had been to tell Lan Jingchi to come a bit earlier, but unexpectedly, as soon as Duan Hengye had arrived at Amro, before the starship had even landed, Lan Jingchi's message had already been received on the optical supercomputer.

The new semester hadn't started yet, so Duan Hengye's class schedule couldn't be found on the official website. He didn't know how Lan Jingchi had managed to get here on time.