Chapter 43

Duan Hengye's "soul" had just returned to his body. When he heard Meng Jinhuai's voice, he couldn't help but become absent-minded again. He even temporarily forgot about the pain in his body.

However, Duan Hengye was still immersed in the words in the book and the shock brought to him by the LDK-300. However, when he heard about the antidote, he instinctively pulled his body out of the quagmire of sleep.

He could think about the rest later. It was more important to deal with the poison first.

Although Duan Hengye's consciousness had returned, his body was still weak. When he heard Meng Jinhuai's words, he subconsciously wanted to open his eyes and look at him.

At this moment, Duan Hengye concentrated all his strength on his thin eyelids. However, even after trying for a long time, his eyes were still tightly shut.

From Meng Jinhuai's perspective, he saw Duan Hengye frowning. His eyes were tightly shut, but his eyeballs kept rolling around. It was obvious that he was trying to wake up but to no avail. Seeing this, Meng Jinhuai didn't wake him up again. After a while, Duan Hengye suddenly felt someone gently helping him up. Then, a hand touched his cheek.

Duan Hengye involuntarily gave up on opening his eyes. Instead, he used the strength of the hand on his cheek to slowly open his mouth. Taking advantage of this opportunity, a capsule fell into his mouth, followed by a small cup of warm water.

This person's action of feeding the medicine was not skillful, and Duan Hengye was obviously not a cooperative patient. Fortunately, the process of feeding the medicine didn't last too long. When Duan Hengye realized that he had just swallowed the LDK-300 clone drug, he was gently placed back on the bed.

The drug began to slowly take effect. As the pain in his body gradually weakened, Duan Hengye finally fell asleep.

A few hours later, Duan Hengye woke up, but at this moment, he wished he hadn't.

The quality of the LDK-300 cloning drug was very high. After waking up, Duan Hengye felt relaxed all over, as if the pain from before was just a dream.

As his body recovered, his thoughts gradually became clearer.

The facts that Duan Hengye didn't want to face, but he had to face them.

[How did Meng Jinhuai get the drugs from the LDK-300 Research Institute?] What did he have to do with this research institute? How should I explain to him about being poisoned?

Professor Duan, who was still lying on his bed with his eyes closed, painfully realized that compared to the research and development of mecha, communication between people was even more important.

Because his eyes were closed, Duan Hengye's hearing became more sensitive. After silently struggling in his heart for a moment, Duan Hangye suddenly realized that there should be someone else in the room besides him.

That person's breathing was very shallow, so normal people shouldn't be able to hear it. However, Duan Hangye's ability to sense his surroundings, which had been cultivated by practicing ancient martial arts for many years, was also slowly returning as his body recovered. Therefore, after he calmed down, he sensed the presence of another person in the room.

… Who is the person next to me? Duan Hengye felt like the answer to this question was a bit obvious.

Actually, pretending to be asleep wasn't an easy task. A person's facial expression and breathing frequency were different when they were awake and asleep. Most people would notice it if they paid a little attention, not to mention that the person was Meng Jinhuai …