Chapter 75

This time, Duan Hengye didn't return to the Research Institute as originally planned. Instead, he and Meng Jinhuai took the starship back to Nan zhuxing. Nan zhuxing wasn't very close to Planet X, plus there was a time difference. By the time the starship landed at the House of the Marshal, it was already late at night on the planet.

If it was in the past, Duan Hengye wouldn't be sleepy at this time. However, the amount of information he had encountered today was simply too much. After his mood had completely calmed down, his mind was in a state of chaos, which was rare for him. When he saw the pitch-black night sky outside the starship's window, Duan Hangye actually felt a strong sense of sleepiness.

Meng Jinhuai's decision to go to Planet X this afternoon was a bit sudden, so after returning to Nan zhuxing, he didn't go to rest first. Instead, he went straight to his office to deal with the reports and information he received in the afternoon.

The House of the Marshal was recently undergoing a small renovation. Duan Hengye's residence was moved to an empty room on the first floor. Duan Hengye went back to the bedroom in a daze. After washing up, he fell asleep not long after. He didn't know if it was because he was affected by today's incident. Although he was very sleepy, he didn't sleep very well.

In his sleep, Duan Hengye dreamed of a dazzling silver light. Although he closed his eyes in time when the light appeared, he could still feel the terrifying light through his eyelids. If it was said that the pitch-black darkness would bring despair to people, then wouldn't it be the same for the dazzling silver-white?

Because of this strange dream, Duan Hengye didn't sleep for long. When he opened his eyes again, the stars outside the window still hadn't set in Nan Zhuxing. After feeling that he was still trapped in the pitch-black night, Duan Hangye's mood, which had been disturbed by the nightmare, finally calmed down.

There was only a thin crack in the curtains of Duan Hangye's bedroom. When he saw the bright and gentle satellite, he got up and sat by the bed for a while. Then, he walked to the curtains and pulled them all open.

In an instant, the soft starlight leaked in through the window. Nan zhuxing was like spring all year round. The House of the Marshal was filled with beautiful ornamental plants. At this time, not far from Duan Hengye's window, there was a patch of red roses that were as tall as a person blooming. Seeing that there was no one at night, Duan Hengye simply opened the window.

In an instant, the cool night breeze pushed the fragrance of the flowers in through the window. The curtains that were pulled to the side also fluttered gently in the wind. It looked like a butterfly constantly flapping its wings.

Duan Hengye walked to the short cabinet in the room. Although he hadn't touched it before, he remembered that the robot in charge of cleaning the room would add different drinks to the cabinet every day. As expected, Duan Hengye opened the cabinet and saw the drinks neatly arranged inside. He observed for a while and then took out a glass bottle of carbonated drink.

Duan Hangye knew in his heart that he was not a person who was suitable for drinking.

The bedroom in the House of the Marshal was covered with a thick carpet. Duan Hengye walked barefoot to the huge floor-to-ceiling window. He hugged his knees and looked out the window. Although a few hours had passed, Duan Hengye was still recalling everything that happened during the day.

As a practitioner of ancient martial arts, Duan Hengye had always been very sensitive to changes in the surrounding environment and whether or not someone was approaching. But at this moment, because he was in a trance and was too familiar with him, Duan Hangye only raised his head when he heard the clear sound of footsteps.

Marshal's Cannon Fodder Spouse (Transmigration) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें