Chapter 13

Meng Jinhuai, who had just finished his work, was wearing a black double-breasted military uniform and leather gloves of the same color. At this moment, his entire body was emitting an unusually dangerous aura … Duan Hengxing, who had yet to get up from the ground, immediately paled when he saw Meng Jinhuai. He anxiously lowered his head and called out: "Lord … Lord Marshal …"

Meng Jinhuai ignored Duan Hengxing and didn't even spare him a glance. In the silence, the Marshal walked directly to Duan Hengye's side. "Are you alright?" Meng Jinhuai seemed like a completely different person when he asked this question. He lowered his head and spoke in an extremely gentle tone. However, perhaps because he had just come out of the military, Meng Jinhuai didn't completely retract his aura like he usually did. Although he intentionally spoke in a gentle tone, Duan Hengye still felt an extremely strong and unfamiliar sense of oppression.

Duan Hengye suddenly felt uneasy. In his previous life, although he had distanced himself from family disputes, he had still faced the heads of various ancient martial arts families all day long. In Duan Hengye's eyes, Meng Jinhuai's aura was far stronger than theirs.

This kind of aura and oppression could only be felt by people who had walked out of the battlefield. It was cleansed from countless blood and deaths.

Suppressing the uneasiness in his heart, Duan Hengye tried his best to calmly raise his head and say: "I'm fine."

"That's good." Meng Jinhuai smiled at Duan Hengye and said: "In the future, you can leave this kind of matter to your personal assistant."

"Okay." Duan Hengye didn't want to bother with this spoiled brat of a younger brother. He made a mental note of the person who could handle this kind of trouble. Seeing Duan Hengye nod, Meng Jinhuai finally patted him lightly on the shoulder and said: "Okay, let's go to the banquet hall."

As the Marshal's spouse, appearing at the banquet with Meng Jinhuai was of course an essential part of the event. Duan Hengye nodded and put away his photon computer. Together with Meng Jinhuai, he walked towards the crowd. The two didn't bother with Duan Hengxing anymore. However, when they walked past someone who was sitting on the ground, Duan Hengye clearly saw him trembling uncontrollably …

When they were about to enter the banquet hall with the crowd, Meng Jinhuai suddenly took two steps forward and held Duan Hengye's hand.

Instantly, Duan Hengye's hand, Duan Hengye reflexively to withdraw his hand. But his reason and memories from the past told him: the original owner and Meng did appear in public hand often in public together.

After all, they were legal, legal partners....

In his previous life, although Duan Hengye didn't have the strange temper of the original owner, in the eyes of the people around him, he was still an otaku, or rather, a loner. Although he was aware of his sexual orientation when he read clichéd novels in his early years, this was the first time he held someone's hand as an adult.

Meng Jinhuai's hand was not only beautiful, the slightly cold body temperature coupled with the thin calluses on his palm gave people the illusion that they were touching a jade sculpture. At this moment, Duan Hengye's fingertips trembled slightly. He admired Meng Jinhuai even more now … he was indeed the Best Actor Meng in his heart, he could actually hold the hand of someone who tried to kill him so naturally. Duan Hengye couldn't help but continue to look up. Meng Jinhuai's expression didn't change, even his eyes were smiling, as if the person in his hand was really his lover.

Regardless of the twists and turns in their hearts, in the eyes of the bystanders, they were indeed very intimate. When they walked to the center of the banquet hall, almost everyone's eyes were locked on them.