Chapter 35

The staff member who spoke earlier seemed to be shocked by Su Mingge's performance. He couldn't even focus on what his superior was saying.

However, Su Mingge was different. After praising Duan Hengye, he sat up straight as if nothing had happened and picked up the wine glass on the table again. He listened to the speech on stage while slowly sipping the dark red wine in his glass.

Overall, Duan Hengye's speech could be described as "shocking" in the mecha research community. Although what he said was true, if it was anyone else who said it, they would be regarded as unqualified.

After this speech, not only the guests, but even the reporters who were interviewing them also sensed that something was different. The nature of this conference was an industry discussion, but anyone with a bit of common sense knew what mecha represented to the Empire.

It was the symbol of the Empire's strength and the wind vane of the future of the Galaxy.

In addition, Duan Hengye's identity was also very sensitive. He was not only a "scientist orphan raised by the Royal Family", but also the Marshal's spouse. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that Duan Hengye's speech could be seen as a signal in many industries.

Although this event wasn't broadcasted live, the media didn't dare to miss any details. Not long after Duan Hengye's speech ended, the most watched news program in the Galaxy began its live broadcast. Unlike the original opening ceremony announcement, this time the news program purposely left out a large amount of time to broadcast Duan Hengye's speech.

The situation on Ti Zexing gradually stabilized, but since the Royal Family hadn't left yet, the important members of the military naturally remained.

When the news was broadcasted, it was exactly one o 'clock in the afternoon on Ti Zexing. Duan Hengye, who had been in meetings for the entire morning, saw the time and finally opened his mouth to "release" the staff members around him. Just as everyone was leaving, Meng Jinhuai habitually turned on the screen and began to watch the Galaxy's news.

A robot slowly walked over and placed a cup of coffee on Meng Jinhuai's table. The marshal lowered his head and picked up the cup. He stirred the drink inside while listening to the news broadcast on the screen.

Meng Jinhuai was very busy. Multitasking was a skill that he had to master. After so many years, he had already developed the habit of watching the news during his lunch break.

Sitting on Meng Jinhuai's left was General Yu Xinlan, who had just rushed over from Nan zhuxing. After all, Meng Jinhuai was the Empire's Marshal. He couldn't stay in Ti Zexing forever. After he left, Yu Xinlan would be fully in charge of the affairs here. This incident was a little complicated, and there were many things that needed to be done.

Because Yu Xinlan had just arrived, he did not leave immediately after the meeting like the others. Instead, he continued to organize the newly received information on his optical computer.

Although the empire had been relatively peaceful recently, the work of the military was still very heavy. Yu Xinlan hadn't rested for even half a minute after arriving at Ti Zexing. Now that he was tired, he couldn't help but be distracted as he organized the meeting information.

Just as Yu Xinlan was about to finish the work at hand and was about to pack up and leave, he suddenly heard a familiar name appear on the news.

"… At the Mecha Research Conference held at Amro University, the president of the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute, Duan Hengye, gave the opening speech." The host on the screen said. Although it was still the traditional broadcasting tone, Yu Xinlan could hear a hint of unconcealable excitement in the other party's words. Not to mention the host, even the sleepiness on her body was instantly reduced by a lot.