Chapter 34

Duan Hengye's appearance caused the entire hall to fall silent. Although everyone who attended this conference was one of the top figures in the mecha research community, this did not mean that they were not curious about Professor Duan's personal life.

After realizing that he had been tricked by Wen Mujia, Duan Hengye quickly reacted. If he did anything out of the ordinary now, he would be tricked by the other party. Duan Hengye chuckled in his heart, then very politely nodded at Wen Mujia. Before anyone could react, he turned around and quickly walked into the hall under the guidance of the robot.

His movements were smooth, and it only took two seconds for him to disappear from the other party's sight.

The columnless banquet hall was extremely large, and unlike the lively scene at the entrance, there were already many people sitting in their seats, quietly waiting for the opening ceremony to begin. When they saw Duan Hengye enter, the people who were already seated also stood up. After seeing them, Duan Hengye very politely nodded, and then was led by the robot to the seat that was reserved for him in the afternoon.

Amro had been preparing for this mecha conference for a long time, and the seats for the opening ceremony banquet had long been allocated according to the status of the guests in the academic community. However, because of Duan Hengye's sudden appearance, the staff did not mind the trouble and took the time to properly adjust the seats for the first few tables.

This was the first time that Duan Hengye, as the director, had attended the conference, but there were many people from the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute who were frequent guests of this conference. After Duan Hengye sat down, he noticed that there were many familiar faces around him. After seeing him arrive, everyone secretly looked in his direction.

In the interstellar era, the average lifespan of people was much higher than on Earth, and naturally, aging was infinitely delayed. Some of the more senior researchers in the institute, although they looked young, were actually much older than Duan Hengye. Before he arrived, all the staff members were sitting there with serious expressions on their faces. However, when Duan Hengye came over, everyone became nervous as if they were meeting their homeroom teacher.

Duan Hengye suddenly felt a bit of pressure when he saw how nervous they were and thought about their ages …

When Duan Hengye realized that his arrival had ruined the harmonious atmosphere, he felt a little helpless … After thinking about it, he simply picked up the retro paper on the table and pretended to read it. Seeing Duan Hengye lower his head, the atmosphere at the surrounding tables finally became a little more harmonious.

These researchers were afraid of Duan Hengye, but there were also people who were not afraid of him.

Just as the conference was about to begin, the chair next to Duan Hengye was finally pulled out slowly. Su Mingge, the vice president of the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute, who was supposed to be the most important guest of the conference, finally returned to his seat with a glass of wine in his hand.

Logically speaking, Su Mingge, who was pushed out of the first place, should be angry. However, the strange thing was that after he arrived, he only politely greeted Duan Hengye, then put down his glass and looked forward. It was as if the two were just ordinary colleagues. There was no sign of the tit for tat like when they were in the institute.

The host of the opening ceremony was the vice president of Amro University. His research was also related to mecha. However, he was clearly a leading figure in another industry and had seen all kinds of big events. However, when he stood on the stage and saw Duan Hengye ten meters away from him, he suddenly became nervous.