Chapter 9

Just like how Duan Hengye was criticized by the surrounding researchers, he liked to work alone and almost never cooperated with others. But looking at it from another perspective, the original host was indeed a rare all-rounder in the field of mecha.

When Su Mingge opened the data page, Duan Hengye immediately saw the abnormality in the weapon loading area model. This was due to his innate sensitivity to this aspect, as well as the intuition of the original host's large number of diagrams. Thinking of this, Duan Hengye couldn't help but sigh — in his past life, he was already regarded as an outstanding talent, but now that he was in the body of the original host, he felt like he had been reborn. In addition to the more comprehensive development of the human brain in the interstellar era, the original host's training in his youth had also influenced this change.

One thing he had to admit was that compared to Duan Hengye who only cared about his own research, Su Mingge was indeed a very responsible vice director. In addition to managing the daily affairs of the research institute, he also cared a lot about the mecha weapons team he led. And this time, what was very dramatic was that Duan Hengye only took one look to point out that the mistake was in the mecha's weapons system … of course, he didn't do it on purpose.

With a 'let's see how you're going to find fault with me' attitude, Su Mingge walked to the front of the holographic screen. Duan Hengye scaled the model to its original size of two meters and stood up from his seat.

In reality, Su Mingge's height was about the same as the original host's, but after putting on the high heels, he was half a head taller than Duan Hengye. After noticing this, Duan Hengye silently put some distance between himself and Su Mingge. But seeing Duan Hengye take a small step to the side, Su Mingge thought that Duan Hengye didn't want to stand next to him, so he rolled his eyes at him in disdain and made a small 'tsk' sound.

Duan Hengye didn't pay attention to Su Mingge's little movements. He reached out and zoomed in on the holographic screen. "Here, there's a problem with the structure." Su Mingge had long since categorized Duan Hengye as a 'non-professional' in his mind. Now that he heard Duan Hengye say that there was a problem with the structure, the disdain on his face grew even more.

Su Mingge glanced at the holographic screen, and then turned to Duan Hengye with displeasure. "This is the third auxiliary connection structure, the classic model of the weapon system. What do you think there is a problem? "

Duan Hengye's eyes. He looked at Su Mingge's eyes and said Su Mingge's eyes. "This structure is very classic, but it's not compatible with the twelfth generation mecha. There's a risk.

After hearing this, Su Mingge, who was originally full of confidence, froze in place.

How did Duan Hengye know about this?

Before this, under Su Mingge's leadership, the mecha weapons team had already secretly conducted several closed simulation experiments using this model. The results of those experiments were indeed as Duan Hengye had said — after operating the mecha for a certain period of time, the weapon system would break free from the control of spiritual power. Duan Hengye hadn't spouted nonsense …. If it weren't for the fact that the dean had no interest in the weapons team's work, Su Mingge would have suspected that the other had simply observed the experiments.

In any case, the research team had never considered this classic structure before, but now that Duan Hengye had reminded him, Su Mingge finally realized where the problem lay.

The twelfth generation mecha was the name given to the new generation of mecha led by Duan Hengye. Su Mingge had always despised the fact that this generation of mecha was less advanced than the previous generation, but he hadn't expected that his research team would fail because of the old model. In an instant, Su Mingge's expression turned ugly. To him, having Duan Hengye point out the problem was an extremely humiliating thing.