Chapter 58

The Yetian Empire had its own mecha test planet. Although this planet was owned by the royal family, all of the personnel were transferred from the military.

The design of a new mecha was not a simple matter. In the past few years, the entire empire had registered less than ten mechas. When there were no test missions, all of the test pilots were serving in the military, and this exclusive test planet was also unmanned.

The choice of a planet to be used as a test planet was actually very particular. For example, the Yetian Empire's test planet was very famous in the galaxy.

The reason why this planet was famous was not only because of the existence of the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute and the imperial military, but also because of the harsh natural conditions on the planet.

As a test planet, it was necessary to simulate the harsh conditions of the galaxy as much as possible. As a result, the planet's environment couldn't be any worse. Extremely high and low temperatures coexisted on the planet, and various named and unnamed cosmic rays recklessly intruded into the planet. In addition, there were also various kinds of space junk visiting from time to time …

Due to the unique conditions, when the Yetian Empire did not have any test missions, this planet would often be rented by countries with good relations to conduct test flights.

As the president of the Imperial Mecha Research Institute, Duan Hengye had long heard of the famous "test planet", but he never had the opportunity to come here.

A few days after the completion of the assembly of the new mecha, the photon computer calculated the best time for the test. Accompanying this, as the mecha's creator, Duan Hengye also arrived on the test planet ahead of time. Also on the same starship as him were Meng Jinhuai and two generals from the military.

This was an extremely barren planet. Duan Hengye saw it through the starship's window. Although it was not as terrifying as Duan Hengye imagined, it was not a scene of hell on earth. But whether it was the sky covered by a light storm or the pitch black earth, it was not beautiful at all.

Because the weather conditions on the test flight planet had always been bad, even the military's giant starship had to hover in the air for a long time before finally finding the right time to land through a gap in the storm.

This starship used the highest grade of soundproof material, and Duan Hangye didn't understand the interstellar meteorological terminology. However, from the announcement of the starship's broadcast alone, he could tell that the storm on this test flight planet was strong enough to roll up and crush the mountains in an instant.

"Attention, the starship is descending. Please pay attention to your safety." An electronically synthesized female voice sounded from the starship. After a few seconds, the seat belt on Duan Hengye's seat automatically popped out and firmly secured him in place. At the same time, all the miscellaneous items on the table were also stored in the special device.

Duan Hengye could not help but feel nervous. Although he did not understand planetary weather, his experience as a mecha designer told him that this giant starship's defense was comparable to the best mecha. Although this storm was dangerous, it would not pose too much of a threat to it.

Duan Hengye slowly exhaled and gradually relaxed. As the starship gradually descended, his hand moved to the armrest of the sofa and gripped it tightly. Seeing this, Meng Jinhuai, who had been silent all this time, glanced at Duan Hengye and said softly, "It's okay. There was a time when the weather on this test flight planet changed abruptly. In the end, the starship passed through the storm without a scratch."

Even though Meng Jinhuai said it very casually, after hearing his words, Duan Hengye could not help but break out in a cold sweat.

At this moment, the view outside the observation window suddenly plunged into darkness. Not a single ray of light could penetrate. Duan Hengye knew that the starship had now officially entered the gap between the storm. The darkness lasted for a total of five to six minutes. During this time, the originally stable starship began to sway slightly.