Chapter 83

Duan Hengye didn't know much about the Star Web, but he had seen discussions about himself and Meng Jinhuai. Compared to the discussions on the Star Web, the content on the Amro Exchange Forum was much milder. However, it was obvious that the students were very interested in this. Duan Hengye logged in several times and found that on this Exchange Forum, other than the daily conversations and academic exchanges, there were also many people who were obsessed with him and gossiped about him …

Even though Duan Hengye didn't think much of those discussions, his words clearly frightened the group of students around him. The lively atmosphere instantly cooled down. Everyone was trying to recall if they had said anything that was out of line on the stage.

While they were talking, the hovercraft finally arrived at its destination. The event was about to officially start and most of the guests had already arrived. The event was held in a large auditorium. From the looks of it, it was quite old. The decor was slightly old, but it had a very historical charm.

The event hadn't officially started yet. On both sides of the auditorium were projected photos of Amro's history using light screens. Under the guidance of the volunteers, Duan Hengye walked into the venue. At this time, the guests were either chatting or listening to the volunteers introduce the photos on both sides of the auditorium. However, when they saw Duan Hengye walk in, all the chatter stopped. Everyone looked at Duan Hengye in unison.

Even though he had already become the director of the research institute, in terms of age, Duan Hengye was definitely the youngest among the guests present. Even so, this didn't stop the other guests from looking at him with admiration or amazement.

After entering the auditorium, Duan Hengye didn't chat with the students around him. Under normal circumstances, Duan Hengye was definitely the best spokesperson for the word "cold". Even though everyone present had heard rumors that Duan Hengye's personality wasn't as difficult to get along with as they thought. However, at this moment, everyone was still intimidated by Duan Hengye's unapproachable aura. For a long time, no one came over to strike up a conversation.

Since the event hadn't started yet, most of the guests didn't return to their seats. Instead, they stood in the open space of the hall. After seeing this scene, Duan Hangye stopped just as he was about to reach his seat. Then, he looked at the screen beside him from afar. "Is this photo from the Mecha Department?" he asked the student beside him after looking at it for a while.

The photo that Duan Hengye asked about was taken in mid-air. Although the buildings below looked unfamiliar, the scenery on both sides was very familiar. After hearing Duan Hengye's question, the volunteer's face immediately showed a look of excitement.

Although there were a lot of volunteers, Anluo had even more students. To be selected to participate in this activity and to be by Duan Hengye's side, one had to memorize a large amount of school history materials. Originally, everyone thought that Duan Hengye wouldn't ask, so they were a little disappointed. But now that they heard Professor Duan's question, their disappointment was instantly swept away.

"Yes, Professor Duan. This is the Mecha Department. The building in the picture is the predecessor of the circular classroom we're using now." The student beside Duan Hengye immediately adjusted his state of mind and explained in detail. Duan Hengye was an excellent listener. He was very good at responding to these enthusiastic volunteers.

Thus, some of the guests who were secretly sizing up Duan Hengye realized that he wasn't as cold as he appeared. Duan Hengye would occasionally make eye contact with the volunteers while listening to their explanations. Occasionally, he would even follow up with questions.

Although Duan Hengye's status was very high, most of the people present were his "seniors" after all. Therefore, after seeing his interaction with his students, the way everyone looked at Duan Hangye also had the amiable look of an elder looking at a junior.