Chapter 19

The image sent by the hovering camera was extremely clear. It was hard to miss the large "S" on the screen. After the camera zoomed in, Meng Jinhuai remained silent for a long time.

As the Empire's Marshal, Meng Jinhuai knew better than anyone else what "S-level spiritual power" meant. It meant that the Marshal had the ability to operate a mech that was tens or even hundreds of times more sensitive than the average mech pilot. To exaggerate, there was an entire dimension between "S-level spiritual power" and "zero spiritual power".

In most cases, spiritual power was considered a personal secret. Only after successfully joining the mech army would the value be officially announced. The privacy system of the interstellar era, coupled with more than ten years of time, even Meng Jinhuai couldn't be sure now — whether Duan Hengye really lost his spiritual power because of an accident like the legends said, or … was all of this just a scam?

If it was an accident, when did his spiritual power recover? If it wasn't an accident, then what was the purpose of Duan Hengye hiding everything?

Although he usually appeared gentle and harmless in front of Duan Hengye, anyone who had some contact with Meng Jinhuai during work knew how terrifying the Marshal was. He was a true leader, someone who was used to having everything firmly in his hands, someone who was used to being omniscient.

However, after seeing Duan Hengye's spiritual power on the screen today, Meng Jinhuai finally had a completely unfathomable event in his life...

Duan Hengye, who was busy tinkering with the mech, didn't know that because of him, his spying spouse had begun to doubt life. This was the first time in Meng Jinhuai's life.

Judging from his achievements in ancient martial arts and research, Duan Hengye could indeed be called a genius. Although he was used to the fact that he might be a little more talented than the average person, when he saw the large "S" on the screen, the cold and aloof Professor Duan couldn't help but whisper, "F * ck!".

According to what Duan Hengye knew, only a few generals in the Yetian Empire had S rank spiritual power. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that this was a one in a billion chance … He really didn't think that the original owner had such high spiritual power before that accident.

Just like how many people on Earth once had a military dream or fantasized about becoming a pilot, almost every citizen in the interstellar era yearned to personally pilot this steel beast that symbolized the strongest technological deterrence. From this, one could see the great charm of the mecha.

At this time, Duan Hengye, who was in the cockpit of mecha L-039, was naturally very excited. However, after successfully activating the mecha, he did not move the mecha but continued to stay in place.

Duan Hangye's mind was highly focused, and then he focused all his attention on investigating the internal structure of the mecha. The night temperature of Planet Duguang was around twelve degrees Celsius, but even in such a chilly weather, Duan Hengye's forehead was already covered in fine beads of sweat. Under the illumination of the lights, it was as if a layer of fine diamonds had been laid on his forehead.

Duan Hengye was in such a hurry to pilot this mecha not only to test his spiritual power, but also to get out of the bottleneck of his research as soon as possible.

Spiritual power was a special ability that was indispensable to controlling a mecha. The higher the level, the better the ability to control the internal structure of the mecha. With S rank spiritual power and a high level of understanding of L-039, Duan Hengye only took a few minutes to comb through the entire mecha's structure with his spiritual power despite not having any prior experience.