Chapter 41

When the battle ended, Duan Hengye's hemisphere was already in the wee hours of the morning. Even though the outcome of the battle was clear, Duan Hengye did not return to the lounge in order to prevent any unexpected situations from happening during the night. He originally wanted to lie down on the table and rest for a bit, but as soon as he laid down, he was overwhelmed with sleepiness.

Duan Hengye's sleep schedule had been very irregular recently. Even his biological clock, which he had always been proud of, was no longer working. Perhaps it was because a large stone had been lifted from his heart, but Duan Hengye still did not wake up at eleven o 'clock in the morning the next day.

He was sleeping soundly in the office, but his colleagues outside were worried sick.

As the director of the Mecha Research Institute, apart from his own research work, Duan Hengye also had to deal with a lot of other matters every day. Normally, any message sent to him would slowly receive a reply at eleven o 'clock in the morning. But today, even after waiting until eleven o 'clock, there was still no reply from Duan Hengye.

The research institute was not the only one that did not receive a reply. After winning the battle last night, Nan Zhuxing also sent a message to Duan Hengye. This message was nothing special. It was just a routine notification of the battle situation and the upcoming itinerary. But strangely, Nan Zhuxing did not receive a reply from Duan Hengye even after sending the message for a long time.

If it was someone else, this would not be a big deal, but Duan Hengye had always been a very serious and punctual person. After waiting for a while, Duan Hengye's assistant finally sent a request to Su Mingge.

Even though they were all sent by the military to stay by Duan Hengye's side, the Mecha Research Institute was very special. Unless there was an emergency, no one was allowed to enter without an invitation from the director.

After a few hours of waiting, Duan Hengye's assistant sent out a request for Su Mingge to help them confirm whether Duan Hengye was still in the research institute.

The door to Duan Hengye's office was also controlled by an optical computer program. Due to the recent special situation in Ye Tian, Duan Hengye had also modified the authority to open the door. Therefore, as long as it was during working hours, Su Mingge could enter directly.

Although he didn't say anything, Su Mingge was vaguely worried about Duan Hengye. Not long after receiving the application from the military, he walked to the door of the other party's office.

Su Mingge first sent a message to the other party's A.I. Seeing that there was still no reply, he directly performed iris recognition from the outside and opened the door to the office.

The scene in front of him was both expected and unexpected.

The area of the director's office was large and there was no decoration. The only thing that entered his eyes was a metallic silver-white color. As soon as Su Mingge walked in, he saw Duan Hengye, who was wearing a grey sweater, lying quietly on the silver-white table not far away.

Su Mingge couldn't help but slow down his steps. He slowly walked to Duan Hengye's side. As the distance between them gradually closed, Su Mingge saw that Duan Hengye's hands were neatly folded together. The half of his face that was pressed against his hands was faintly red.

At this moment, he didn't look like the director of the Yeti Empire Mecha Research Institute. Instead, he looked like a student who had accidentally dozed off in class.

Duan Hengye's sense of alienation disappeared when he was asleep. In fact, he looked a little fragile. This was very different from the impression that he usually gave people. He even gave people the impression that he was much younger.