Chapter 63

Galactic Day was very important because some of the staff members had left the military. In order to ensure that the work was carried out smoothly during the shift, the technical section chief was personally responsible for the shift.

Therefore, after hearing the words of the staff member who suddenly ran in, everyone only heard an extremely ear-piercing sound of a chair leg scraping across the floor in the originally quiet room. Then, a person stood up from his chair.

"Wh … What?" His eyes widened as he asked the staff member who just ran in.

The person who spoke was the technical section chief, who was mainly responsible for the security of the military's internal system. After he spoke, he realized that Duan Hengye and Yu Xinlan were still in the room.

All departments in the military had strict work regulations. Before today, there had never been a situation like this where he rushed to speak before the general.

Since he was able to become the technical section chief, this staff member had obviously been in the military for a long time. After noticing that his reaction was too intense, the staff member finally calmed down and stammered, "Sorry." Then he sat back down.

However, just like the technical section chief, everyone in the room was in a serious mood, or even panicked. The staff member just gave Meng Jinhuai an emergency report, which was also the first time they heard of this incident.

Before this, as ordinary staff members of the technical section, they never even knew that someone had broken into the military's internal system.

Meng Jinhuai did not speak, and Yu Xinlan and Duan Hengye's assistant, Ye Pu, who vaguely knew something but did not dare to guess, also remained silent.

Seeing that the big shots in the military didn't say a word, the head of the technical department started sweating profusely. Even his hands, which were quietly hanging by his side, began to tremble with the passage of time.

It was as if today's attack on the military was a group of "mercenaries". At the time, in the team that investigated Duan Hengye, there were actually not many official military staff members, so most of the people present did not know about this. As the person in charge of maintaining the intranet, the pressure in his heart was so great that it could crush him at any time.

Duan Hengye felt as if he could already hear the beads of sweat dripping from the man's forehead to the ground.

As a person with a conscience, he realized that his actions had frightened others and felt the suffocating silence at this moment. Duan Hengye began to reflect on whether or not he should confess … Because of the sudden intrusion of the staff, Duan Hengye was still sitting in front of his optical computer. However, his hand, which was originally supporting himself on the table, had unknowingly clenched into a fist.

While Duan Hengye was hesitating, Yu Xinlan was secretly observing Duan Hengye's reaction. Even though she didn't have any evidence, she knew that Duan Hengye was the only one who could hack into the Army's internal system and fix the loophole.

Yu Xinlan wasn't someone who was good at disguising her gaze. At this moment, everyone in the duty room was focused on the three of them. After noticing General Yu's gaze, the nervous staff also silently shifted their gaze to Duan Hengye. Their movements were very orderly.

Fortunately, due to the angle, Duan Hengye's back was almost facing the staff. But even so, he could still vaguely feel nervous and curious gazes on his back.

If there was a mind-reading ability, Duan Hengye would definitely be able to hear the thoughts of the dozens of staff in the office at this moment. Strangely, they were all thinking the same thing — No way, right?