Chapter 22

No matter how unwilling he was to face it, what was to come would always come. Not long after Duan Hengye saw the news, he received his next itinerary – during the three-day anniversary holiday, the marshal and his spouse would go to a planet called "Provider" in the Empire for a vacation.

Although it was called a "vacation", in fact, this wedding anniversary trip was not a private event in the general sense. As figures at the top of the Empire's power pyramid, Meng Jinhuai and Duan Hengye also had political attributes that could not be ignored.

Planet Provider was a lost land that the Empire had only recovered in recent years, and this vacation was also the first time the Empire's top officials visited it after it was recovered. Whether it was the residents of Provider or the citizens of other planets in the Empire, everyone was looking forward to this event, and the entire event would be followed by the media.

In other words, not only did Duan Hengye have friendly interactions with the residents of Provider, but he also had to show off his love with Meng Jinhuai in front of the entire interstellar …

He was really not good at this!

In his previous life, although the Duan family was one of the three ancient martial arts families in Hua, they did not fight with each other like the other two families. Such harmony was attributed to the other heirs, represented by Duan Hengye, who "did not do proper work", and self-doubt about whether he could be a competent ruler. But now, Duan Hengye, who was a homebody in his previous life, had to bite the bullet and go out for business.

Nan zhuxing, where the House of the Marshal and the military headquarters were located, was huge and had tens of billions of residents. As the marshal's planet, a festive atmosphere had been spreading here since a few days ago.

The black waistline suit outlined Duan Hangye's narrow waist very clearly, and the slightly shorter style of the top completely revealed the lines of his long and straight legs. Because it was their wedding anniversary, Duan Hengye wore a snake-shaped brooch carved from a dark red gem on his chest, and the same ring that he did not wear after the wedding once again appeared on his ring finger.

The Yetian Empire as a whole advocated beauty, but Meng Jinhuai did not like the style that was popular today. This could be seen from the overall style of the House of the Marshal. Although Duan Hangye did not appear in luxurious clothes like most of the spouses of the upper echelons of the Empire, this simple style accentuated his aura, which had been praised by countless people as the "Flower of High Mountains".

With the dark red snake tattoo on his ring finger, Professor Duan had two completely different temperaments today.

At ten o 'clock in the morning, an open hover car flew out of the House of the Marshal. In an instant, the people who had been waiting outside the House of the Marshal for the whole day burst into deafening cheers. According to the tradition of the Yetian Empire, before visiting another planet, the Star Veil had to first tour around their own planet.

There were many planets in the Yetian Empire, and unlike the other planets, the Star Veil had to travel around every two or three days. This was the first time that the busy Meng Jinhuai had such an event.

… This was really crazy! Because the open hover car was not soundproof, Duan Hengye was shocked by the cheers as soon as he stepped out of the car. It was not an exaggeration to say that as an Earth otaku who did not like to join in the fun, he had never seen so many people in his previous life.

A person's subconscious physiological reaction could not be hidden. The moment Duan Hengye heard the cheers, he could not help but take a small step back, then he quickly stood up straight as if nothing had happened. Perhaps his actions could be hidden from the excited people below, but they could not hide from the live broadcast camera and Meng Jinhuai who was standing next to him.