Chapter 77

Before the event officially began, the viewing platform where Duan Hengye and the others were seated was still surrounded by the giant semicircular protective shield. This shield was made of a transparent material, so Duan Hengye and the others could see through it to see what was going on below the stage. However, the reporters' high-definition cameras couldn't capture the scene inside. Once the event started, the shield would automatically open.

In fact, before they had even sat down on the viewing platform, many channels had already begun broadcasting the event live. When they saw the hovercraft approaching, the live broadcast channels and the major forums were abuzz for a while. But when they saw that the shield wasn't going to open early, everything returned to normal.

Even though they had already seen the test flight on the news and seen the detailed data and model of the mecha "Nanzhu" on the Star Web, it still couldn't dampen everyone's enthusiasm. When they realized that they couldn't see what was happening on the viewing platform, the viewers who had turned on the Star Web to watch the live broadcast finally shifted the topic back to the mecha itself.

In fact, the day of the handover ceremony was still a working day in the Star Web. But because of the special nature of the event, Amro University's Mecha Department gave all students a short half-day break so that they could watch the ceremony. So just before the event started, many Duan Hengye students also participated in the discussion on the Star Web. Some of them posted on the live broadcast on the forums, while others interacted with the mecha enthusiasts on their personal social media accounts.

There were only a few minutes left until the handover ceremony officially began. Among the verified social media accounts, in addition to the analysis and understanding of the mecha, Duan Hengye students also shared quite a few short stories about him. Even though they were just normal snippets from their classes, the screenshots still spread all over the Star Web in an instant, accompanied by screams and screams.

Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai were still chatting with Professor Yan when Duan Hengye's assistant, Ye Pu, finally walked over and reminded them, "Sir Marshal, Professor Duan, the event will start in one minute."

After hearing Ye Pu's words, Meng Jinhuai nodded and smiled at Master Yan. Their conversation ended here. After Ye Pu left, the loudspeaker system on the viewing platform began to announce, "Distinguished guests, the mecha handover ceremony is about to begin. After the announcement ends, the protective shield of the viewing platform will be activated."

The significance of today's ceremony was extraordinary. Almost all of the upper echelons of the Yetian Empire were present, so the viewing platform was surprisingly large. Other than the central area where Duan Hengye and the others were, the other guests were also gathered in groups of twos and threes, chatting in low voices.

Therefore, after the announcement, the guests in the venue began to tidy up their clothes and sat up straight.

Regardless of whether they were familiar with mechas or not, the moment the guests sat down on the viewing platform, they couldn't help but look at the mecha parking lot on the side — the mecha "Southern Zhu" that would appear on the interstellar live broadcast camera was parked there. Even though it was still in the media's blind spot, the guests on the viewing platform could still see it from afar.

As the person who personally designed this mecha, Duan Hengye was probably the least interested person in the venue. After going up to the viewing platform, Duan Hengye began to chat with Meng Jinhuai and Master Yan. He didn't even look down. Therefore, now that the protective shield covering the viewing platform was activated, Duan Hengye finally noticed how high up he was …

In the interstellar era, people were used to living high up in the sky from birth, so they naturally lost their fear of heights. But Duan Hengye was different. Even though he didn't have a fear of heights, he was still an Earthling at heart.