Chapter 7

Duan Hengye remembered that the notice from the House of the Marshal clearly stated that Meng Jinhuai would arrive in Amro on the thirteenth of the month. How did he arrive four days early? In an instant, Duan Hengye felt the blood in his body freeze. No one noticed that his hands were trembling uncontrollably at his sides.

"… .Marshal." Duan Hengye called out like the original owner.

"Yes." Hearing Duan Hangye call out to him, Meng Jinhuai, who was standing opposite him, smiled, then took two steps forward and hugged him tightly in his arms. This was the first time in Duan Hengye's life that he was hugged so tightly. In an instant, a familiar fragrance wrapped around him.

Although he was forced to put on some acting skills due to his survival instinct, he couldn't hide the physiological reaction caused by nervousness. Duan Hengye believed that at this moment, at such a close distance, the other person would definitely feel his body trembling uncontrollably and his abnormally cold body temperature.

But Meng Jinhuai did not say anything. He ended the hug as if nothing had happened. He even reached out his hand and very intimately touched Duan Hengye's head. His movements were extremely gentle.

Damn it! Marshal Meng was a natural film emperor!

Duan Hengye had thought of ten thousand ways to deal with the angry Marshal, but he did not expect that the other person's behavior would clearly show that he had walked out of the shadow of his emotions and was rationally considering how to use him and ….. kill him.

If Duan Hengye did not know the plot and did not personally see the two hundred chapters where the Marshal personally executed the original owner, he might have been deceived by Meng Jinhuai's gentleness. But he saw it.

As a spy, after the original owner married Meng Jinhuai, he had been secretly stealing information. After a few incidents of information leakage. The Marshal and his subordinates also suspected the original owner. But because the original owner was skilled and did not leave behind many clues, he was able to safely get through the crisis. But who would have thought that Meng Jinhuai would actually start writing his own photon computer program to track down the mastermind behind the scenes.

Coincidentally, not long after the photon computer program was written, Duan Hengye tampered with the other person's mech ….. So after this incident, Meng Jinhuai was completely disappointed in his spouse and added new and old grudges together.

When Meng Jinhuai touched the top of his head, Duan Hengye subconsciously avoided it. seeing his reaction, Meng Jinhuai pretended not to know what happened and lowered his head and asked, "What's wrong?" Jinhuai's eyes were full of concern.

Help ….. this man is too scary.

Duan Hangye remembered that a reader of "Toppling the Stars" had once used a certain game's facial modeling function to create models for popular characters in the book. After receiving the pictures, the author had excitedly posted them. At this time, Meng Jinhuai lowered his head to look at himself. Because of the close distance, his facial features were magnified. But even at this close distance, in Duan Hengye's eyes, Meng Jinhuai's face was flawless. It was even more exquisite than the face created by the game's facial modeling system.

Don't say, it's really good looking.

Wait, when did I start to care about his face? Duan Hangye pinched himself lightly in disappointment and turned his thoughts back to the normal channel.

He looked at Meng Jinhuai again. Since the other person wanted to pretend with him, why not play along?

"It's okay." Duan Hengye steadied his breathing. He discreetly pulled back Meng Jinhuai's hand that was still on his hair. After noticing Duan Hengye's movement, Meng Jinhuai smiled at him and then very stubbornly pulled Duan Hengye into his arms again.