Chapter 14

The banquet in the military headquarters ended early. Today's event came to an end when it was a little late at night. As usual, Duan Hengye returned to the banquet hall to see the guests off with Meng Jinhuai. Nan Zhuxing, where the House of the Marshal was located, was like spring all year round, but the temperature difference between day and night was a little big. After standing at the door, Duan Hengye felt that the surrounding temperature dropped by five or six degrees in an instant.

Although the important members of the military headquarters also lived in Nan Zhuxing, today Dongfang You finally got a little familiar with her Prince Charming. Of course, she was excited. When she was carried out of the banquet hall by her father, she saw Duan Hengye standing not far away and waved to him excitedly.

In the eyes of the people around, Dongfang You was really a newborn calf who was not afraid of the tiger. After all, in Nan Zhuxing, who didn't know the indifferent character of the Marshal's spouse … Just when the little girl's father hesitated to remind her not to disturb Duan Hengye, the man standing not far away turned around naturally and then waved to the little girl gently.

Duan Hengye actually waved!

No, Duan Hengye actually waved to a little girl? The people who had been secretly observing the movement here couldn't help but widen their eyes.

Although Duan Hengye was still as indifferent as before, Dongfang You, who received a response, was so excited that she buried her face in her father's arms. Her father, General Dongfang, who was standing next to her, gently touched the little girl's head and then nodded slightly to Duan Hengye. Although the little girl was reluctant, the general was one of the few people who knew Duan Hengye's identity. He probably didn't want his daughter to have too much contact with the other party. After politely greeting him, the three of them left.

Almost at the same time, Su Mingge also came out of the banquet hall at this time. Unlike before, he did not choose to ignore Duan Hengye this time. Instead, he went over to greet Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai before boarding the starship.

Meng Jinhuai glanced at Duan Hengye gently and said to Su Mingge, "… A Heng hasn't been feeling well recently, so Professor Su might have to trouble the research institute for a few days." After he finished speaking, the people around him felt that Su Mingge's gaze was lingering on Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai. His expression was a little strange.

However, Duan Hengye knew that Su Mingge was still thinking about what had just happened.

After a short while after Meng Jinhuai finished speaking, Su Mingge came back to his senses and said, "Ahem … Of course, no problem." Even though everyone in the research institute knew that his relationship with Duan Hangye wasn't that good, Su Mingge was still very well-versed in social etiquette outside the research institute, especially in the Southern Star, which was the other party's territory. He shook hands with Meng Jinhuai and Duan Hengye. He looked up at his plastic colleague and said politely, "Uh … Professor Duan, don't worry about your health." After he finished speaking, he quickly walked into the starship.

"…" Duan Hengye didn't want to continue the conversation.

Even though the military didn't allow reporters to enter the banquet hall, there would always be a large group of reporters waiting at the entrance of the banquet hall when it was over. From the moment the two of them appeared here, a few mini hovering cameras had been spinning around Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai.

Compared to the cameras from the Earth era, these hovering cameras were much smaller, almost negligible. However, for the nerdy Duan Hengye, it was a little strange to suddenly be surrounded by a hovering camera.