Chapter 25

Duan Hengye was very sensitive to changes in the outside world, probably due to his many years of practicing ancient martial arts. Although he was now in a new body, after this period of integration, he was slowly returning to his familiar state.

The vast golden forest was as brilliant as an oil painting. Not only the treetops, but even the ground was covered with a thick layer of golden leaves. As soon as someone walked past, there would be a rustling sound coming from under their feet, which sounded particularly interesting.

Duan Hengye's group consisted of about 30 people, including the staff of the Provider Star. Logically speaking, when so many people walked on the fallen leaves at the same time, the footsteps should be noisy and difficult to distinguish. However, for an expert like Duan Hengye, even if he closed his eyes, he could recognize the figure of the person by the sound of the footsteps. Although Duan Hengye had not fully recovered, he could still identify the person by the sound of the footsteps.

After Meng Jinhuai walked over, the chief of the Provider Star also quieted down. Now, other than the sound of the breeze blowing through the leaves and the sound of footsteps, there was nothing else around. It was too quiet.

Duan Hengye quietly enjoyed the scenery around him, but suddenly, he heard the faint sound of footsteps coming from not far away, and it was obvious that there were many people coming. Duan Hengye, who was walking forward, paused for a moment. Is there someone else in this scenic spot?

Today is the first time Duan Hengye participated in this kind of activity. He was a little uncertain whether the Provider Star's scenic spot would adopt some special security measures to isolate other tourists as he imagined, and the people coming would not be the staff here.

But just as Duan Hengye was wondering, Meng Jinhuai, who was standing next to him, suddenly stopped.

… Yes, there is definitely a problem.

At this time, a gust of wind blew close to the ground, lifting the thick golden carpet that was originally laid on the ground. From a distance, the gaps in the forest looked like they were suddenly wrapped in golden diamonds, brilliant and dreamy. The audience watching the live broadcast could not help but hold their breath, but in the beautiful scenery, the staff who noticed Meng Jinhuai's sudden stop also became nervous in an instant.

"Be careful!" Before he finished speaking, Meng Jinhuai took out a small silver-white quantum gun from somewhere. He aimed and fired without hesitation. Then, Duan Hangye saw a man wearing a black mask fall heavily to the ground not far in front of him. The quantum gun of the interstellar era did not make any sound, but the second Meng Jinhuai fired, Duan Hengye saw the chief of the Provider Star, who had been following them, immediately fell to the ground in shock …

Immediately after Meng Jinhuai's shot, dozens of similarly dressed people immediately emerged from the surrounding forest. This group of people were well-trained and obviously not affected by the fall of their companion.

Although Meng Jinhuai was a marshal, according to the laws of the empire, he was not allowed to bring soldiers to a planet that was not under his jurisdiction during non-war situations. Therefore, for today's trip to the Candidate Planet, the people in charge of security were all from this planet. Obviously, these people, these people were not professionals

"Take A Hengye to the side!" Meng Jinhuai ordered the security personnel behind him as he fired continuously without blinking.

Even though Meng Jinhuai already knew the identity of the original owner of the body, but because of the secret work, he didn't know that the original owner of the body had also received a series of professional training, which included fighting and using guns ….