Chapter 21

It was 3: 30 in the morning in Nan zhuxing, and the night was dark. Duan Hangye was not a person who slept a lot. At this moment, he had directly tossed himself past the point of sleepiness, and for some reason, he was hungry. Professor Duan, who was lying on the bed, rubbed his stomach without a care for his image. Suddenly, he remembered something mentioned in the movie "Toppling the Stars". The living quarters of the marshal's mansion on the Southern Star were not monitored.

This sentence was only briefly mentioned in the original novel, but because of his good memory and the fact that it happened to be related to his own life, Duan Hengye remembered it until now.

The House of the Marshal had all kinds of living areas. Duan Hengye lived on a floor with a large kitchen and dining room. He and Meng Jinhuai were very busy with work, so the two of them didn't live in the House of the Marshal often. When they came back, they would eat in the dining room on another floor. Therefore, other than the two bedrooms on this floor, the rest of the floor hadn't been used for a long time.

Most of the Marshal's activities were open to the public. Duan Hengye remembered that according to the schedule, Meng Jinhuai should still be in another galaxy … The thirst for food in the middle of the night, coupled with the fact that Meng Jinhuai was far away in another galaxy, relieved a lot of the psychological pressure on Duan Hengye. After a little hesitation, Professor Duan put on his coat, opened the door, and walked out.

Although no one had used the kitchen for many years, when Duan Hangye walked over, he found that the Marshal's Mansion's robots were still dutifully replenishing the ingredients here.

He slightly pulled his coat, leaned over, and opened the thermostat compartment. Duan Hengye saw a pile of cleaned vegetables neatly placed in the compartment. They looked very fresh on the outside. Probably because of the original novel's description, the common fruits and vegetables in this world were no different from those on Earth. However, the House of the Marshal was still the House of the Marshal. Many of the vegetables in the thermostat warehouse were not very homely. Duan Hengye searched for a while before he found the tomatoes hidden in the thermostat warehouse.

The man in the coat took the tomatoes out of the thermostat and then found two eggs. Duan Hengye had lived alone since he was an adult, so it was no exaggeration to say that his cooking skills were not bad. He took out a knife from the side and quickly began to process the vegetables in his hand. The tomato egg soup he planned to make was very simple. For someone as skilled as Duan Hengye, it would only take a few minutes.

Probably no one would have thought that the famous flower of the Yetian Empire, Duan Hengye, would be cooking in the kitchen in the middle of the night … In fact, compared to the progress he had made in his career, he felt a greater sense of accomplishment.

Duan Hengye skillfully poured the tomato egg soup from the pot into a bowl. Looking at the things in the bowl, he didn't know why, but he felt a little regretful. He thought that if he was on Earth, he would definitely take a picture and post it to his friends.

Ever since he transmigrated into [Toppling Stars], Duan Hengye's life had successively fallen into one crisis after another. Under these crises, he was so tired that he didn't even have time to think about the past.

On this night, after a busy day, the hunger was suddenly replaced by a faint sense of loss. Duan Hengye sighed softly and then slowly tasted the soup he just made … The taste didn't seem to have changed, but it also seemed to have changed.

The silence of the night was short. Before Duan Hengye could taste a few mouthfuls, he heard footsteps behind him. After all, Duan Hengye was already very tired after working in front of the optical computer for the whole night. But the second he heard the footsteps, the alarm in his head immediately went off, and the supper in front of him instantly lost its taste.