Chapter 20

That night was a sleepless night for both Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai. A long time after the video signal was cut off, Meng Jinhuai slowly picked up the cold coffee on the table.

Although the General had long noticed that after the mech accident, Duan Hengye seemed to have slowly changed into a different person. But in any case, the gradual change in the other person's personality was far less shocking than the explosion of mental power.

Before Duan Hengye, although there were examples of mental power breakthroughs in the galaxy, no one could directly jump from zero to S-class, and those breakthroughs all happened to people who already had mental power.

According to Meng Jinhuai's knowledge, the Yetian Empire alone had trillions of people with zero mental power. Except for people like Duan Hengye who lost mental power due to an accident, the rest were all categorized as "congenital mental deficiency".

In recent years, there were frequent wars, and the social status of mech pilots rose. Along with this, there were countless experiments and research on how to stimulate mental power. Unfortunately, after so many years, there was almost no progress in the experiments.

Although Duan Hengye was a genius, his field of research was completely unrelated to mental power. Meng Jinhuai did not think that Duan Hengye had found a way to stimulate mental power.

Since it was not stimulated, then the only answer was that his mental power had never disappeared from the beginning to the end. In other words, Duan Hengye's mental power was actually artificially suppressed all those years ago?

Stumbling back to the mansion, Duan Hengye collapsed on the sofa as soon as he entered the door. Although he was not in the best condition, he did not wait for his condition to fully recover. He turned on the optical computer and began to record the coordinates he just memorized.

L-039 was only a small mech, but its internal structure was also very complex. Although he was very confident in his memory, Duan Hengye still chose to mark the coordinates on a three-dimensional map for the sake of safety. Tonight's operation was a successful attempt. After using his spiritual power to investigate the mech, Duan Hengye was filled with inspiration. After recording the coordinates, he tirelessly began to organize his thoughts in front of the photon computer.

Unfortunately, Duan Hengye's thoughts were interrupted after a while.

The notification light flashed twice, and Duan Hengye's optical computer suddenly received a special message. The sender didn't have an ID or a name, but Duan Hengye's experience told him that this message came from the Ye Tian Royal Family... He still remembered the last time the poison acted up. After seeing this message, Duan Hengye couldn't help but curse inwardly.

Unlike the original host who had been brainwashed, the Duan Hengye didn't have any so-called "loyalty" or "reverence" towards the royal family. Coupled with the painful experience of the poison, he had long been unwilling to deal with the royal family.

Although he wasn't the least bit curious about the message, after a deep sigh, Duan Hengye, who was pressured by the heavy burden of life, had no choice but to open the message.

The message wasn't long. The other party first vaguely praised Duan Hengye for living in the same room as Meng Jinhuai, then hinted that he could take the next step.

The next step … Duan Hengye slowly turned off the photon computer.

Since marrying the General, the original host had been using the military's intranet to steal information for the royal family. Duan Hengye had transmigrated into this world for a while, but because he wasn't familiar with the business and was lazy, the royal family hadn't received any information from him for a long time.