Chapter 17

After a few days of "rest" after the banquet, Duan Hengye finally went to teach at Amro again. Due to his "physical discomfort", he could only stay at Amro for one day before returning to Nanzhu to continue his rest. However, if one were to observe carefully, they would notice that the moment Professor Duan stepped onto the starship leaving Southern Zhu, the corners of his mouth actually curled up into a faint smile. F * ck! I can finally leave Meng Jinhuai's side for a while!

The news of Duan Hengye fainting on Planet Zhen Cui had already spread throughout the Galaxy. At his home base of fans, Amro University, everyone didn't hold back at all and expressed their concern for Professor Duan.

During class, Duan Hengye stood on the podium and looked around. He saw that all the students were staring at him with shining eyes. Their eyes were filled with admiration, admiration, and indescribable sadness, as if they were looking at a martyr … But this was also his fault for not looking in the mirror before class today.

The original owner's physical fitness really wasn't that good. He couldn't withstand any torment. On the way from the House of Marshal to Amro, the starship happened to pass by an asteroid belt. Duan Hengye, who was obsessed with the interstellar scenery, was so engrossed in it that he forgot to rest. By the time class started, his face was visibly tired and pale.

After all, Duan Hengye was known as the "Flower of the High Mountains". Even though everyone was very worried about his health, the students who didn't have any private contact with the professor were still a little afraid of him. Therefore, after some hesitation, everyone decided not to disturb Professor Duan and let him rest quietly by himself.

However, there was one exception.

Duan Hengye didn't rest on time, plus a few hours of high-intensity mental work, so he was physically and mentally exhausted. After returning to the lounge, he sat on the leather office chair in the room and yawned without any arrogance. The interstellar era was technologically advanced and people knew how to enjoy themselves. For example, this office chair was extremely ergonomic. Duan Hengye only wanted to rest for a while, but after a while, he felt a strong sense of drowsiness.

Duan Hengye was worried that someone would ask him questions, so he didn't close the door to the lounge. So when Lan Jingchi opened the door and came in, he saw this scene — —

The man in the off-white shirt sat quietly on the black leather seat. The color of the seat and the cold light in the lounge made his face look even paler. For some reason, Duan Hengye's head tilted back slightly, and there was still a tear on his left cheek that had not yet evaporated.

Duan Hengye … cried?

The scene in front of him really shocked Lan Jingchi.

Even though Duan Hengye's health wasn't good, and he had even made it onto the galactic news a few days ago because of his coma, in the hearts of most people, the man in front of them was definitely strong. Right now, Ye Tian was in a state of war, and Duan Hengye, who had personally created the new mecha, was undoubtedly an existence like the protector of the Empire in their hearts.

Especially in Lan Jingchi's eyes, Duan Hengye was not only the high and mighty head of the research institute, but also the savior who had pulled him out of the depths of his life that day.

But now, the savior in Lan Jingchi's heart, Duan Hengye, was actually crying?

As a pharmacy student who was known for his rationality, Lan Jingchi wasn't a person with much imagination under normal circumstances. But today, in just a few seconds after seeing Duan Hengye's current state, Lan Jingchi's mind had already filled in a bunch of nonsense.