Chapter 47

The person standing behind Duan Hengye was wearing a black double-breasted suit. The bronze buttons reflected a warm glow under the sunlight. In front of his chest was a brooch made of ruby. It was also illuminated by the sunlight, and the light red light reflected by the brooch happened to fall on Duan Hangye's chin, adding a touch of brightness to his somewhat pale skin.

When Duan Hengye turned around and saw who it was, he was stunned. If he remembered correctly, Meng Jinhuai didn't have any plans to work on Planet Duguang recently. But why would he suddenly appear here at an award ceremony that had nothing to do with the military?

Duan Hengye opened his mouth, but before he could think of what to say, the man standing behind him gently put his hand on his shoulder and smiled. "I happened to pass by Planet Duguang today, so I came to take a look." After that, the two were led by the staff in front of them and sat side by side in the middle of the first row of the guest seats.

Although it was true that Meng Jinhuai would often appear in places that had nothing to do with work recently, the doubts in Duan Hangye's heart still hadn't been eliminated.

However, there were tens of thousands of people in the venue, so Duan Hengye couldn't ask any more questions. He sat down with Meng Jinhuai, and it was time for the event to officially begin.

The arrival of Meng Jinhuai and Duan Hengye was so sudden that the people in the audience didn't even react until the two sat down. After the host came back on stage and expressed his gratitude on behalf of Amro, the audience finally erupted into a round of applause.

The main purpose of today's award ceremony was to honor the researchers who had made achievements in the field of pharmaceutics in the past three years. Therefore, after the event officially began, the host first introduced all of the nominated researchers in order. The researchers that were introduced walked in through the door Duan Hengye came in and sat on the other side of the VIP seats.

Most of the audience at this event were pharmaceutical related workers, as well as Amro's students. Every time a guest entered the venue after the introduction, there would be a round of applause.

After Duan Hengye secretly glanced at the reactions of the people around him, he realized … Maybe he and Meng Jinhuai were the only outsiders in the entire venue.

Unlike the audience whose eyes were filled with excitement, Duan Hangye felt that he and the Marshal were purely here to join in the fun. They were simply incompatible with the atmosphere of the event. Wait a second, Duan Hengye looked at the person next to him … Why does Meng Jinhuai look like he fits in with the atmosphere?

Duan Hengye and Meng Jinhuai had been seeing each other a lot more often, so the interaction between the two gradually became more and more natural.

For example, taking advantage of the gap between the first few guests entering the venue, Duan Hangye couldn't help but turn his head slightly to ask Meng Jinhuai, who was clapping with a smile, "Does Marshal know these researchers?"

When Meng Jinhuai heard Duan Hengye's question, he put down his hand and turned around. He smiled and said, "I don't know them."

"…" Duan Hengye knew it.

The awards ceremony was divided into six categories according to the pharmaceutical field, and each of them was very valuable. Even though it was difficult to tell people's age from their appearance in the interstellar era, Duan Hengye still saw a few white-haired old professors. From the reactions of the attendees, it could be seen that these people were all highly respected seniors in the industry.

Lan Jingchi was indeed worthy of being a genius in the field of pharmaceutics that was specially written about in the book to be able to participate in this conference with them as a student of the university.