Chapter 18

Night slowly fell on the western hemisphere of planet Duguang. A young man in a black suit knocked on the door and walked into Duan Hengye's lounge. From the end of class in the morning until now, Duan Hangye had stayed in the lounge and did not go out. Other than Lan Jing's late arrival, he had been resting or reading.

"Professor Duan, the starship is docked at A17, can we leave now?" The person speaking was Duan Hengye's personal assistant.

Duan Hengye finally turned off the screen and slowly stood up. "No, I'm not feeling well today. I'll go back tomorrow morning." Then he turned around and walked towards the hovercraft outside the lounge. It looked like he was going to head back to Amro's mansion. Duan Hengye saw from the corner of his eye that his assistant seemed to be dissatisfied with his words. However, he still nodded and took note of his arrangements.

He couldn't see anything special about this assistant from the original owner's memory. He didn't even exist in the main storyline of "Toppling Stars". However, Duan Hengye's intuition told him that his assistant wasn't as simple as he looked. After seeing his assistant finally nod and prepare to return to the starship, Duan Hengye finally let out a sigh of relief.

In reality, Duan Hengye didn't feel any discomfort today. He was just using this as an excuse to stay on planet Duguang.

After a period of observation, Duan Hengye realized that compared to the dangerous Nan Zhuxing where the House of the Marshal was located and the densely populated residential area of the research institute, this remote mansion on Amro's campus was a safer place.

There was something Duan Hengye had wanted to do for a long time. Tonight was the perfect opportunity.

After returning to his residence, Duan Hengye didn't choose to rest. Instead, he went upstairs and changed into a special black uniform. He had brought this uniform with him from Zhen Cui Planet. Even though it looked very ordinary on the outside, a little like the special police uniform from the Earth era, it had the most advanced human body data monitoring system in the entire galaxy.

Duan Hengye didn't hesitate to change into the black uniform. At the same time, a dark green screen appeared diagonally in front of him. There were no words on the screen, but Duan Hengye became nervous just by looking at it.

The technology of the galaxy was very advanced. Compared to Earth where Duan Hengye lived before, there were many more strange things. However, in Duan Hengye's eyes, the most mysterious and difficult to grasp was "mental power". Under normal circumstances, this was an innate talent. Including the time when Meng Jinhuai accidentally awakened his SSS level mental power, there were no more than a hundred recorded cases of mental power breakthroughs in the galaxy.

It was no wonder that many readers firmly believed that Meng Jinhuai was the male lead of "Toppling Stars". After all, his SSS level mental power was already unique in the galaxy. Directly breaking through to SSS level was even more unheard of. In the hundred recorded cases before Meng Jinhuai, the change in mental power was only between 10 and 20.

It was also possible to find out that in the galaxy, an ordinary person's mental power should be between 10 and 60. If one exceeded 60, they would be able to join the mecha army. The highest level of mental power was above 90. As for 100 … it was what people called "S level mental power". SSS level mental power doubled.

Because of the accident when he was young, the original owner's mental power was directly reduced to zero. Although having zero mental power didn't affect his daily life much, for a mecha designer, it was an unspeakable regret. It was like a musician not being able to hear his own music score.

Thinking of this, Duan Hengye took out a black snake-shaped seal from his pocket. The seal was made of metal. After it was taken out, it emitted a mysterious dark glow under the light. This was the key to the "L-039" small mecha designed by the original owner. As the director of the Mecha Research Institute, it was very easy for him to secretly take it out of Zhen Cui Planet.