Chapter 38

After Duan Hengye said this, the classroom was silent for a long time. It was only at this moment that he finally realized how similar his speech was … a confession. But those words were indeed what Duan Hangye was thinking at this moment.

After interacting with Meng Jinhuai for a while, Duan Hengye realized that Meng Jinhuai was exactly like what was described in the book. He was a competent general. Compared to the royal family, who was always waiting to seize power, Meng Jinhuai always put the safety of the Empire first.

The general had almost no personal time. Other than resting, he was working every day. In all fairness, Duan Hengye thought that even he would never be able to do this.

In the book, it was written that Meng Jinhuai was a person who dedicated himself to the Empire. At first glance, this sentence didn't seem like much. However, after interacting with Meng Jinhuai, Duan Hengye gradually understood how heavy this sentence was.

Because Duan Hengye hadn't transmigrated into this book for a long time, he didn't have deep feelings for the Empire. However, he shared the same sentiments.

Duan Hengye looked back at the classroom. Due to the influence of his childhood environment, he wasn't used to expressing his feelings. Therefore, after saying these words, his expression was a little uncomfortable. Fortunately, the people around him were emotional, so no one noticed his expression.

After hearing Duan Hengye's words, the student whose shoulder he was holding couldn't help but tremble slightly. Tears began to fall uncontrollably.

Of course, Duan Hengye, who was standing in front of him, also noticed this. Then, everyone saw Professor Duan look down at the student. Just when everyone thought that Duan Hengye was going to leave or that he was annoyed by the student's crying, unexpectedly, he slowly squatted down and wiped the student's tears with his hand.

Because of his body, Duan Hengye's hand wasn't very warm. At this moment, he gently rubbed the student's face, which was red from crying. It made the student feel like he was rubbed by an ice cube.

After wiping away the tears, Duan Hengye didn't say anything else. He stood up and patted the student's shoulder again. Then, he walked back to the center of the classroom.

No one could deny that Professor Duan was extremely charming. Even though the Empire was in a critical moment of life and death, when they saw Duan Hengye personally wipe away the student's tears, they all felt nervous. At that moment, everyone in the classroom forgot what they were just nervous about.... Then, they looked at the student with jealousy …

Professor Duan actually personally wiped his tears!

Walking back to the podium, Duan Hangye did not speak for the time being. He was waiting for the students to calm down.

In fact, Duan Hangye had just noticed that at the same time he was speaking, several students in the classroom were secretly using their optical computers to take photos. However, Duan Hengye didn't stop them. What he said just now was to calm the people down.

For the Yetian Empire, this war came too suddenly. Even though he was in class and didn't have time to watch the news, he didn't need to think to know that the entire Empire was in chaos. Duan Hengye didn't know how effective his words would be, but it was better than nothing …

Duan Hengye's guess was right. Not long after he finished speaking, the video was uploaded to the Star Web by several students.

The Yetian Empire's situation was very special. On one hand, Meng Jinhuai's military was gradually regaining the Empire's lost territory. On the other hand, the Empire's social situation was still very chaotic. The royal family had no real power and was always waiting to take advantage of the situation. In addition, the parliament had a lower presence than the royal family. Neither of the two had the ability to stabilize the people.