Werewolf vs. Vampires Equals Pain for Me (Alcide x Female Reader)

This oneshot is requested by my brain for you to read, I hope you enjoy it! This oneshot will probably contain smut, so if it does, be advised. Now, let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

I hated bars more than I hated working with the undead most nights. And at Lou Pine's Bar in Jackson, Mississippi, the undead is all I dealt with most days. Sighing, I grabbed my tray from the storeroom and muttered, "Well, let's hope none of the wolves did anything fucking stupid tonight."

"Y/N, get out here! We got something you definitely wanna see!" someone yelled into the storeroom and I whipped around to find my best friend, Karen Singer, giggling and motioning me to the main bar. I headed towards her and she said again, "Your ex is here with his new woman and holy hell, she doesn't look good."

When I poked my head outside the store room, I saw Coote laughing with his hooligans and a woman I'd never seen before almost gluing herself to him. Her hair was cut short and I grimaced at the way her hands were almost down his pants in broad fucking daylight. Why had I dated this man? I gripped my tray in my hands and headed for the bar, brushing shoulders with no one and muttering, "Damn werewolf."

Yes, I knew about the supernatural world and I always made sure to keep pepper spray near me for wayward weres attacking me at work. I always made sure to keep it on me in the pocket of my uniform whenever I was on call, and the fact that Coote and his men were in my place of work did not sit well with me. Lou Pine's was the only shifter-friendly bar this side of Jackson, so I knew this could happen at any given moment when I walked into work. That and the fact that I was single and not a were made myself special in the eyes of any supernatural creature under the sun. I hated my life.

I hit the bar with my hand just as the door opened and I heard the bar silence around me. Welp, that wasn't my intention in doing that. I followed the crowd of eyeballs as my first love, Alcide Herveaux, strutted into the bar with a blonde woman about my height on his hip. My heart tried to not hammer against my ribcage as I started passing out beers and taking orders like the pro I was. I stayed clear of Alcide and his companion until I heard, "Y/N! Go take their orders!"

I had no clue who was speaking to me, but by the time I whipped around to find them, Alcide's eyes met mine and the huge smile on his face was as clear as anything. Damnit, I'd not wanted to be in his line of sight tonight at all! I headed in his direction and plastered a smile onto my face, grabbing a pen and pad from my pocket, and asked Alcide and his date, "Hi there! What can I get you to drink?"

"Gin and tonic?" the girl asked me and I nodded while writing it down, not bothering to look at her when she spoke. By the time I looked back up at them, the woman was staring at me with a look I'd only seen from someone trying to figure something out. Sighing, I put the pad away and Blondy asked, "Why do you keep thinking about Alcide?"

Alcide jolted and I flat-out laughed, wanting to hide in the floor and never come out. I answered her, "I'd known Alcide since we were in high school and before you ask, I know he's a werewolf and I'm as human as Margaret Thatcher. Now, I'm going to put your order in and someone else will come to give it to you. If you'll excuse me." I retreated from the table before Alcide could grab my arm to keep me there. After putting their order in and getting one of my colleagues to get the drink over to them, I ran out of the bar into the store room to calm my nerves.

By the time I'd grabbed my bag and hoped to get out of the bar without much trouble, a huge hand grabbed my forearm and said, "Wait, Y/N. I wanna talk to you!" I turned to Alcide's chest-darn his height!-and looked up into his chocolate-brown eyes. He smiled down at me and asked, "Did Sookie make you uncomfortable? I didn't want to bring her when I knew you were working."

"How'd you even know I was fucking working tonight? I told you I didn't want to deal with you or your pack politics anymore after what Coote did to me!" I hissed right back at him with a bit more venom than I'd intended to have. Alcide and I had been dating in high school, but we broke up when I left for college in Oxford and may have had a vampire do unsavory things with me. Since then, I'd steered far clear of Alcide or any other supes in Mississippi as much as possible if it wasn't for where I worked. When Alcide didn't reply to me, I added, "I'm not uncomfortable by her since she's not here on pleasure purposes and she's more than a telepath from my guess. Therefore, you can go and I'll go home right now, thank you."

I tried to wrench my arm out of his hand, but Alcide held firm and didn't let me go; I wasn't scared he'd hurt me since during all the time I'd dated him, he'd never hurt me. And I found my heart banging on my chest wasn't helping matters in any way. Alcide asked, "Stay with us? I don't want to have you go home alone after tonight." I cocked an eyebrow at him, wanting more explanation, but he said nothing as I watched his eyes go from their normal brown to gold; this wasn't good.

"Alcide? Are you back here?" Blond-Sookie asked as she rounded a corner to the storeroom where I was stationed. I poked my head around her and she asked me, "Is he alright or do I have to help?" She was inching toward us and I hoped to the good Lord this wasn't going to be bad.

I pushed past Alcide and growled, "Get out of here now! Unless you want to die, you'll get your blonde ass out of this building faster than the werewolves in this bar can run!" That got to her and she whipped around, probably to head out of the bar and back to Alcide's apartment. I watched her go and then slowly turned to Alcide. He was hunched over, his eyes away from mine, and I crooned, "Alcide. It's alright, you can fight this."

"Full moon. Can't fight!" he growled around his growing teeth and my heart tried to not run out of my chest in fear. I'd only seen Alcide almost shift once when we were in high school, so this wasn't new to me. However, I hadn't planned to see him mid-shift again, so I didn't know what to do other than inch closer with my arms outstretched. "Get back!" Alcide growled at me and swiped his big hand at me, clearly wanting me to get back.

I slowly grabbed his wrist and stared into his eyes, seeing the gold of the werewolf coming out. I slowly sat in front of his huge body and asked, "Would you really hurt me?" That always got to him and Alcide sat in front of me, his butt on the floor and his body slowly stopping its movement. I smiled at him, cupped his cheeks, and reassured him, "You'll be fine, Alcide. I'm not leaving you again."

Alcide smiled at me as best as he could mid-change and I smiled right back, knowing the bar didn't help matters with the amount of werewolves inside. I also knew that Alcide wanted to speak, but I squeezed his hand and shook my head. He could tell me what he wanted to say later that night, but right then, I had to make sure the man before me-my first and only love-was safe and unharmed away from the vampires.