Cause and Effect # 3

A few weeks after Hetal left, Natasha was showing signs of being well adjusted. Only Dhawal  knew the truth.   Natasha was overcompensating for not being around for the last seven years.     She was running herself ragged, and Dhawal had enough.   He had been watching Natasha for the last two weeks.    She was distant with him, but with the rest of the family, she was slowly  trying to regain their relationships.

One morning, Dhawal made his way to Naveli's room where Natasha and Naveli were staying since Natasha came back.

"Natasha, I want to talk to you in our room."  requested Dhawal

"But -"

"Natasha, I need to talk to you privately." said Dhawal sternly.

"Fine." said Natasha as she stood up to follow Dhawal.  "Naveli, I will be back."

Dhawal opened their bedroom door and motioned Natasha to go in as he followed her in.

"Natasha, what is going on in your mind.  Why are you putting distance between us.  I want to fix things between us, and all I am feeling is you going far away from me.  I am so sorry that in my grief that I was hurtful to you.  That I didn't know how to deal with my feelings, and I bottled them up.   That Hetal Bhabi kicked you out of our home and sent you to Mumbai.    I couldn't find you.  We looked under the name Natasha Pandya and Natasha Makwana. Nothing showed up.  It was like you disappeared in thin air.  I didn't know that Shantanu had found you and renamed you Bitttu.  I wish I had found you immediately after you were kicked out, but I am sorry I couldn't find you."  Dhawal cried, falling to his knees in front of her.

"Dhawal, get up.  It wasn't your fault.  I was kicked out by Hetal Bhabi, who was grieving. You were grieving.  The whole family was grieving.  I was put on the train, and when I arrived in Mumbai, I tried calling, and I believe that when you answered, I had gotten into an accident.  I couldn't even inform you where I was.   Maybe it was our fate or destiny.  But I am back,  in Somnath, with our family."  Natasha said, pulling Dhawal up and sitting him on the bed.   Natasha then sat beside him.  Dhawal grabbed her hands.

"Why didn't you tell me about Shalini Dave,  why did you have to carry that burden alone.  Your pregnancy was already high risk, and you suffered in silence, stressing your body.  Why?" cried Dhawal, holding Natasha's hands

"How could I hurt you like that.  You were already hurting.  I had promised myself at our wedding that I would protect you, wouldn't let anything hurt you.  I would rather hurt myself than you." cried Natasha

"Natasha, I have made a decision.  I hope you are in agreement.  Remember, I will never let you go again.  You are mine, as I am yours.  Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  We will get married again.  This time, with all the proper functions.  No skipping any functions.   There are no tricks in getting property papers.  Just our wedding functions.  Haldi, Sangeet, Mendhi and our wedding.  Nothing else.   Our first wedding was based on a lie,  then the wedding with Suhani and I, next was the wedding of Shashank and you, and finally you and I got remarried.    I want to get married again.  With a proper priest with our daughter present.  With only people that wish us well."  Dhawal stated  while Natasha nodded her head crying.

Dhawal grabbed Natasha's hand and pulled her with him.  Dhawal saw that everyone was at the table having breakfast.

Holding Natasha's hand, Dhawal made an announcement.

"I've made a decision that affects our family.  Natasha and I will be getting married again.   And this time, it will be done properly.   With all the functions and traditions.  Our first marriage was based on lies.  Our second was tampered with blackmail.   This time, we will not let any of negativity touch our marriage.   We have lost too much.  Natasha lost too much.  I won't let her lose anymore.  I have promised myself that I will keep Natasha and Naveli's happiness in mind.  Natasha had made the same promise towards towards me in regards to my happiness.   But that was marred with her being blackmailed.  This time, we are making a joint promise.  We are making a promise that we will make all our decisions for the betterment of our family.  All Natasha ever wanted was family.    That includes all the Makwana's and Pandya's.     We hope you all are with our decisions.  And we would love it if everyone joined us in our festivities."  said Dhawal