3. First comes rain... then comes a storm.

"Okay?"
"Okay."
- The Fault in our Stars.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rest of the day I felt as if I was on auto pilot. It made me glum because unlike the usual teasing I received; everyone avoided me like I was a disease. They didn't beat me or even once call me a name.

You would think I would be overjoyed by this, but I was far from that. They looked at me like I was a monster; a freak. They whispered when they thought I wasn't looking, and kept their distance. Instead of pain. I felt nothing. Which was even worse.

"Did you see how she talked back to Adam?"

"Yeah! What a freak!"

The whispers didn't hurt like they usually did, but all the same I didn't like it. I had about 1 more hour until the school day was over and I noticed it was very gloomy outside.

'Perhaps it will rain' I thought.

"Ruka?" The teacher said snapping me from my thoughts.

"Yes" I said turning to the front.

"I asked you to answer the question" the teacher said with a frown "if you were even listening."

I didn't know the answer. I was about to tell her that when my fox interrupted me.

'The answer is 23' it said quietly.

"It's 23" I said shocking the teacher.

The teacher scolded angrily and turned back to the front. I sighed. Even the teachers here hated me; it's like I said. I'm unloved my everyone.

Besides, it's a teachers job to teach me. They don't give a damn about my emotions or what I'm going through; as long as they have some money in their pocket they couldn't care less.

The bell rang ending the school day, so I quickly pa ked up my things and left. As I expected, it was raining heavily and everyone opened their umbrellas. I didn't have one. My grandfather said I didn't need one, and if it rained he didn't care if I got soaked or not. I walked towards the house; getting soaked within seconds.

'The time has come' my fox said 'today. Everything will change. Talk to me when you wake up.'

'Wait! What do you mean?' I said confused.

She didn't answer me and I was filled with confusion. Lightning struck nearby followed closely by the booming of thunder. The winds picked up greatly and my wet hair stuck to my clothes.

I walked faster as lightning and thunder continued to battle in the sky; demanding attention. As I passed a small park surrounded my trees; a bolt of lightning stuck a tree dangerously close to me. The tree caught ablaze as the heavy winds smashed into it, and ripped it from the ground as it toppled towards me.

I froze.

I felt and saw my life flash before my eyes as the tree neared closer and closer.

Was I going to die today?

I've always imagined my death, but I never thought of it like this. I snapped myself out of my daze and jumped to the side as the tree slammed to the ground with a loud crash. I fell to the ground and stared in disbelief as the ground itself started to shake and rumble from the impact.

An earthquake?!

Now?!

I hurriedly stood up only to topple over again from the large impact. This must be a 7.2 judging from how strong it is. The ground underneath me started to crack more and more, and before I could react the ground spilt open underneath me and swallowed me whole.

*****

I screamed.

What else was I suppose to do after falling down a crack in the street...laugh?!

I screamed so loudly and so long that my throat became sore and dry. Even then, I continued to scream.

It was official now...

I'm going to die a very painful death.

I suppose it was welcomed; the booming thunder was now turning into nothing but a faint sound. The bright lightning nothing more than a spark of light. The heavy rain now a small sprinkle; as I fell deeper and deeper still.

My fox had said everything was going to change now. Perhaps she meant to talk to her again when I woke up, and appeared in Heaven.

Or possibly Hell.

Maybe I'm going to Hell.

Did I do anything wrong....uh...hmm?

Oh well, doesn't really matter. As long as I'm anywhere than here...on Earth.

With my grandparents who don't even love me.

With students who tease me for their own personal entertainment.

As I fell deeper still; darkness consumed my vision and the storm was now gone from my hearing and vision. I wonder... will I fall into the molten lava at the center of the Earth?

I wonder what that will feel like?

I stopped screaming and closed my eyes sighing deeply; oh maybe I will fall through the whole Earth completely, and end up in space. I smiled at the thought. Even though my face will be burned and I'll die within seconds from the atmosphere. I would like to see those stars.

To see how brightly they shine; to see the moon gleaming with pride and joy. A bright light appeared at the bottom of my enclosure and I sighed.

I guess I won't see the stars.

I guess I'll fall in the molten lava.

I got closer and closer to the light expecting the heat to catch up to me... but it never did.

In fact, it was rather cool.

I continued to stare curiously at the light as it got brighter and heard the familiar chirping of birds.

Birds?

What on Earth are they doing down here?

At last I hit the light and closed my eyes from the brightness. I still fell deeper so I opened my eyes and was greeted with clouds.
What is happening?

Shouldn't I be dead? I looked around confused and very frightened, and the first thing I saw was a giant mountain with four faces on it. It looked like Mount Rushmore, but the stone was brown instead of grey and the faces looked different.

I looked below me and saw a large town with houses that seemed so... Japanese like. What is this place? I looked down and saw there was hard ground beneath me and my heart dropped.
I never imagined I'd be splattered to the ground.

Oh well...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! We survived to chapter three which is the good news, and I hope you guys are enjoying it!

Naruto: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto! Though she should because she's awesome! Believe it!

Me: Aww! Thanks Naruto! *Hugs*

Sasuke: Hn. Losers.

Naruto: SHUT IT SAKSUE!

Me: Be nice.

Naruto: HE STARTED IT!

Me: *Sighs* Later guys!