29. Starts with a T ends with a K

'Better a thousand times careful than once dead'

-Proverb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sat down in the small group next to Naruto who had been hurriedly tied to a stump by Kakashi Sensei.

"Well" he said slowly "there's no need to send you all back to the academy."

"Really?!" Naruto said "that's great I-"

"BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T HELP!" Kakashi Sensei yelled "you all are missing the one thing that's essential for any group of Shinobi!"

Sasuke growled angrily and pulled out a Kunai as he charged at Kakashi Sensei. Kakashi Sensei grabbed him by the arm and pushed him to the ground as he held a Kunai to his throat; causing us all to gasp loudly.

"In life you will have to make decisions that are hard" Kakashi Sensei said "Sakura! Kill Naruto or Sasuke will die! Ruka, if she doesn't do it kill her! Naruto, if she doesn't do it kill Ruka."

I thought this over in my head as everyone stared in disbelief. I finally realized Naruto and Sakura would be the only ones left alive. It wasn't that serious but; it just came to mind. Kakashi Sensei let go of Sasuke and pushed him back as he rejoined us.

"Naruto" Kakashi Sensei said suddenly "instead of hiding like you were suppose to, you charged me head on and tried to eat lunch before your teammates!"

He did....no wonder why he's tied on a stump.

"Sakura" Kakashi Sensei continued "you had the chance to work together with Ruka to take me down but you went after Sasuke like a fool!"

Sakura frowned sadly and lowered her head. That wasn't nice.

"Sasuke!
" Kakashi Sensei said, now on a roll "you were too stubborn and determined to beat me that you ignored your own teammates!"

Sasuke huffed angrily and crossed his arms.

"Ruka" Kakashi Sensei said making me jump "you didn't even fight me!"

Oh....I didn't? I blushed a deep red and lowered my head.

"So" he said firmly "you ALL fai-"

"WAIT!"

Everyone turned towards me surprised as I blushed red again then nodded firmly and stood up.

"What are you doing" Kakashi Sensei said suspiciously.

"I-I want to make a deal with you!" I said firmly.

"Oh really...I'm listening."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Ok, here goes nothing, I opened my eyes.

"I want to fight you. If I manage to grab one bell you have to pass my teammates and send me back to the academy" I said "if I fail to retrieve one bell you have to send us all back. Either way....you win."

There was silence and everyone stared at me surprised with their mouths gaped open. Naruto was obviously the first to speak.

"Ruka!" He said squirming against the rope "that's not fair! I don't want you to go back to the academy! Come on Ruka! Don't-"

"Naruto" I said turning towards him "have a little more faith would you? I'm not going to let you three get sent back to the academy after you worked so hard!"

The three of them stared at me surprised. I guess they should be; I've never said anything like that before. I sighed and turned back towards Kakashi Sensei as I pulled out a Kunai.

"Ok" Kakashi Sensei said "I accept your deal. Let's go."

I nodded him and followed him towards the forest.

"Ruka!" Sakura said stopping me in my tracks "what if you do get a bell? You'll....you'll be sent back!"

I stared at her for a while as I thought about this. Guess that was true.

"Yeah" I said smiling "you're right....but you won't."

I turned back around and continued to closely follow Kakashi Sensei.

"Wait!" Naruto yelled "RUKA! OI! COME BACK!"

I ignored him and disappeared through the trees of the forest.

~Sasuke's POV~
<

Quack>

Hmm....

Ruka is strange.

I watched as she disappeared between the trees with Kakashi Sensei and Naruto pouted furiously like the little kid he always is. Geez, what a baka.

"That's not fair!" He said angrily "believe it! Ruka shouldn't be sent back to the academy!"

"None of us should be sent back to the academy" Sakura said sighing "especially her."

"UGH!" Naruto said angrily "BULLCRAP! BULLCRAP!"

"What do you think Sasuke-kun" Sakura asked me "do you think
Ruka should be set back?"

I remained silent. I don't know about her to be honest. I haven't seen her fight before, but the way she stood up to Kakashi Sensei....she must be confident.
"Who cares what Sasuke thinks" Naruto said "he probably doesn't even care."

"She can do it."
Both Naruto and Sakura turned towards me surprised. Yep, I think she can do it. I sighed deeply and stood up as I leaned against a tree.

"She can do it" I muttered to myself "I know she can."

"Sasuke-kun" Sakura said confused "how can you be so sure about that?!"

How can I be so sure? I thought it would be obvious.I smirked and turned towards her.

"I'll give you a hint" I said "it starts with a T and ends with a K."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Ta-Da! That was chapter 29 and I hoped you all enjoyed.

Naruto: I liked it! But I don't understand the title; what does it mean?

Ruka: CHALLENGE TIME!

Me: Correct Ruka! The title of today's chapter is indeed a word. The first person to type in the correct work in the comments box will get a secret chapter.

Naruto: Really! Can I guess?

Me: No.

Naruto: Aw man...

Me: Later guys!