60. The peliminaries

'The unexamined life is not worth living'

-Socrates
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IRUMM-SEMMSEI!" Naruto exclaimed with his mouth full of deer meat.

Yeah, I gave them the food like I said I would, and I'm glad I did because they're demolishing it like a pack of hungry wolves.

"Don't talk with your mouth full!" Sakura said in disgust, popping a handful of berries into her mouth.

"Hn" Sasuke said biting, into a piece of bird.

"Good to see you guys" Iruka-Sensei said smiling deeply "I take it Kakashi has been treating you well?"

Naruto hurriedly swallowed the piece of deer in his mouth, almost chocking on it in his haste to answer.

"Yeah he's alright!" Naruto exclaimed using his canine teeth to rip off another chunk of meat "but he....mm....has....mm.... nothing on you....Ruka where'd you get this?!"

I didn't answer and he didn't seem to mind seeing as he contiuned chowing into it. Sasuke, however, glanced at me suspiciously then looked away. Iruka-Sensei laughed and ruffled Naruto's air.

"Glad you feel that way, kiddo" he said "once you four are done you can go into the main room with the others."

With that final note, Iruka Sensei disappeared into a cloud of smoke. I think I was the only one that noticed, seeing as my teammates contiuned to eat. I decided to patiently wait until they were done....which took only 3 minutes.

"That was delicious!" Naruto said jumping up "believe it!"

Sakura sighed in content and patted her stomach. Sasuke just
stood up and don't say anything but I could tell he enjoyed it.

"Hey" Naruto said curiously "where's Iruka-Sensei?"

I sweatdropped and shook my head. I pointed towards the door he had mentioned before he left.

"He said once we were finished to head in there for further instructions" I explained.

Naruto smiled brightly and without warning grabbed my hand. I blushed a deep red and didn't react.

"Alright!" He exclaimed "LETS GO!"

Naruto sprinted over to the door as Sasuke and Sakura followed. He was still holding my hand and knowing he wasn't letting go anytime soon, I held it back. Naruto blushed slightly when I did and turned towards me, smiling deeply. We opened the door together and the four of us stepped inside; as every head in the room turned towards us. There was a lot of people already here.

Kiba

Hinata

Shino

Ino

Shikamaru

Choji

Neji

Lee

Tenten

Kabuto and his team

Gaara

Temari

Kankuro

And some other people. They just kept staring at us and I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. Everyone's Sensei was here and I noticed Kakashi Sensei and Iruka Sensei were saying something and staring at us. Are they talking about us? Sakura gave a small sneeze, yep, they are.

"Good to see you four" a voice said snapping everyone from their staring daze.

We all turned and I almost cried with relief when I saw Granddad. He looked me in the eyes and gave a sad smile before looking away.